OT: Patent Expiration

Im looking at a patent on

and I am trying to figure out if it is expired. It was filed before 1980 and granted 1982. There is no history on payments, and no last page, and no other referances on the first page. I am assuming it has expired in 2002. Would this be correct?

For patents filed after 1980 I understand how ro read the payment windows and such. Its just pre 1980. I guess they would all be expired. Can a pre1980 be re-issued or extended?

Thanks

Reply to
Martin Riddle

Yes.

Older patents were good for 17 years after grant; newer policy is 20 years from date of filing. Not sure when it changed, but around 1987 or so.

Generally, with rare exceptions (very rare), no.

HTH, James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

There aren't supposed to be such errors. It just means our so called examiners are not ordinarily skilled in the practices.

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller

Thanks. On the same topic I thought this may be of intrest...

Martin Riddle

If examiners were really good...they wouldn't be examining.. D from BC

Reply to
D from BC