OT: "Parental" Control

Routers always have schedule-enabled settings. If you have a separate WAP just put another router before it.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing remove the last word.
Reply to

The schools I've seen have opt-in web control so all proxies would be blocked.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Actually a lot of home based Routers include scheduling. I have an older Linksys WRT54G that has that feature.

We have a 12 year old granddaughter visiting for the month of July.

Pretty good kid, except for a severe case of Jewish Princess (literally ;-)

She's got this iPad (whatever) and she convinced me to add a wireless router (which I would otherwise have absolutely no use for :-)

Any way for me to automate it quitting about 9PM at night until 9 the following morning.

I know I can just unplug it, which she'll notice. So I'm looking for some program which would "do the deed" >:

Jim,

A lot of wireless routers have parental controls built into them. D-link routers would probably be your best route (pun intended). I have had good success with them.

Shaun

Reply to
Shaun