OT: Paging John Larkin

John Larkin wrote: > > You offered to pay for the hosting of a website a while back. As > long as the number of submissions is reasonable, I'm willing to set up > the website. Post the schematic, and let people point out what is wrong > with it. > > Startlogic.com & Ipower.com both have reasonably priced plans at less > than $10 a month. Send me a bill or request for funds not in excess of $200 this month as well as an estimate as to how much more may be required. Since i am Socially InSecure, i can do only so much a month - which varies according to expenses for weird things like food.
Reply to
Robert Baer

at less

Google Sites are free!

Dave

Reply to
Dave, I can't do that

I've been burnt by 'free' webhosting before. There are all kinds of popups and links to other sites, banner ads, and carefully laid out pages end up looking like crap, afther the host adds their stuff. Some shut down without notice, or suddenly demand payment and you don't own the domain name. it would be ok for a personal web page, but I'd like to build a directory of user revied vendors, recommented books, with reviews, and other useful things to the group.

They say you get 10 GB of server space but no information on the traffic allowed. For $5.95 a month, I get a minimum of 300 GB of server space, and 3000 GB of transfer per month.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

What exactly was it supposed to do? I have too many wild ideas to keep track of them all.

That means you will pay me?

or request for funds not in excess of $200 this month

John

You had offered to pay the hosting fees for a 'Bad Circuits' web page if someone else would do the grunt work.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I believe i answered an e-mail to that effect..

Reply to
Robert Baer

Open a topic on Sparkfun.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)