OT: Now we know ...

I think that makes the most sense in an instructional setting. Although reviewing your notes briefly before each class is worthwhile too, IMO.

Politicians, of course, want to know ahead of time what their every word and nuance will be rather than risk having something come out not-quite-right. And of course the president and others have speechwriters, presumably hired to not only conserve the guy's limited time, but also because they generally produce better quality speeches than many presidents themselves would.

This has been mentioned before, but recall that Middlebrook has been funding his retirement for some years now teaching the same thing he did for many years at CalTech:

. Some of it is pretty useful stuff... and while he's now charging very little for his lectures on DVD, some years back it was still three digits to get them (and I imagine attending his classes in person was 4 digits). The DVDs are just video transfers (from videocassettes, no less!) of him standing there teaching from an overhead projector and an occasional screenshot of a PC.

Shouldn't be much of a problem at all if you chose to do something similar... hint, hint... :-)

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner

On Feb 9, 2:53=A0am, Bitrex wrote: ...

Yeah, with teleprompters feeding them every word, rather than a couple of words of crib notes in her hand to refer to.

Personally, I've considered Palin a bad joke from the beginning, but savaging her for keeping some notes with her is just petty. Have you ever faced a press conference? Do you know what it feels like to face an audience of hostile people? Sometimes having a note to refer to can be very reassuring.

But, love her or hate her, I'm not going to change anybody's opinion

- I _certainly_ wouldn't vote for her for president, but I'm not a republican anyway, so that's probably moot.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise on Google groups

You could register as a Republican and vote for her in the primary (to give the opposition the stupidest possible opponent) or you could vote for the Open Primary initiative in June so that you won't have to re-register.

Are you posting from the library or the county lockup?

Reply to
JeffM

LOL. POTW.

Reply to