Looks like TEXAS gets it

Flawless.

Again, as I previously stated... ALL we need to do is get the retarded twits to send the person that fails the metal detector test to send them BACK THROUGH IT AGAIN, instead of that stupid pull you aside and pat you down stupidity.

THAT will solve the problem, and THAT is what the idiots should figure out how to perform properly. They need an additional detector for first pass fails, and if you fail the second, THEN you scrutinized a bit more closely.

Reply to
UltimatePatriot

But TSA threatens to stop all flights out of Texas.

Our only hope is to re-elect Obama, and take control of the Senate, so we can impeach Obama and his 40 Czars. ...Jim Thompson

afaik all the TSA nonsense started before Obama ;)

from what I read elsewhere Texas pretty much instantly caved in and said the bill was dead when the DOJ got involved

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

Anti-patdown is not "getting it."

Issuing all passengers a knife coated with lard is getting it. The dismembered and lard-smeared remains of any would be-terrorists could be offloaded into a hog trough at the end of each flight, and thus help to make more lard. No polite burial for them, just passing though the pigs and into the manure pit.

That's "getting it."

Ecnerwal

Leave the revenge part to the Lord and you've pretty much got my attitude.

We don't need to hypothesize what would happen if a plane full of folks with pocket knives are faced with knife-wielding terrorists -- we already know. The flight that crashed in Pennsylvania was intended for the Pentagon, the reason that it didn't get there was because the folks on that flight heard about what was happening from friends and relatives, realized that the rules had changed, and did the appropriate thing.

So yes -- issue knives, or at least allow us to take ours on board. Train the pilots that if they leave the door locked while a massacre happens behind them then they're heroes for preventing a larger massacre, train the rest of the flight crew to meet violence with (measured) violence, and let the civilians take arms when necessary to protect themselves and their country.

But don't give al-Qaeda any free grist for its propaganda mill by desecrating any bodies -- let them work at making us look bad while we work at being good and allowing it to show. Kill when it's necessary to kill, preserve lives for later questioning, trial and imprisonment when possible, and generally treat those criminals like the common criminals they are. If we go acting like they're Special Spooks, then we're saying they're something above the common run of humanity, not just a bunch of jerks whose fathers failed to raise them right.

For certain, we don't want to go telegraphing a hysterical fear of The Islamic Enemy the way that Bush/Chaney did. That may be a way to fill $1000/plate fundraising dinners, it may help to prove that you can win a war that Daddy didn't want to touch, and it certainly aids in pushing bills through Congress that erode my personal rights, but _raising_ the fear level is simply not what's productive when you're trying to _suppress_ terrorism.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott

You mean the Patriot Act? Congress just re-passed it.

Will Obama sign it?

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Yep. ...Jim Thompson

as far as I understand he already did, so much for temporary laws

you can see the votes here:

senate/1/84

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

To economic terrorism, ironically.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

They caved.

-- Les Cargill

Reply to
Les Cargill

True enough, however Obama is the one who's threatening (and suing) the states.

Utah has apparently taken the baton.

Reply to
krw

Kinda like Obama's "days, not weeks" war.

krw

Don't know about terrorism, but it's certainly extortion.

Reply to
krw