OT: New Yorker article with relevance to the Covid-19 pandemic

From the 11th May 2020 copy of the New Yorker

It's essentially a long interview with Ali Khan, a US-born retired member of the Special Pathogens unit of the US CDCP, but it includes a lot of background detail.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Children's literature. Thanks for nothing.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

The New Yorker isn't aimed at children. Fred Bloggs seems to think that he can understand more technical publications, but he does seem to be deluding himself.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

-the-coronavirus

mber of the Special Pathogens unit of the US CDCP, but it includes a lot of background detail.

e can understand more technical publications, but he does seem to be deludi ng himself.

It's aimed at idiots with arrested development who pretend to be adults as they cozy up in their Starbucks seat putting on a pretense of concentration reading the New Yorker. The author is just a cliche mouth providing filler page for the magazine, the article is worthless from every perspective.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

So it mostly goes over Fred Bloggs head. Large chunks of it don't appeal to me either, but some of their stuff is very good indeed - and this article did strike me as pretty good.

My pretentious uncle (strictly my aunt's husband) had a subscription to the New Yorker for ages. Once he'd got his D.Sc. he felt the need to look even more intellectual, to compensate for the fact that he had started off as a vet.

Or at least any of the perspectives that Fred Bloggs wants to use.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to