OT: Nero ShowTime

Sno-o-o-o-o-rt! You bad !-)

...Jim Thompson

Win98SE is probably the worst of MicroWorst. Upgrade to Win2K.

...Jim Thompson

Any Nero users able to help me sort this problem on my Win XP PC please? I posted in several more appropriate groups yesterday but so far no solutions or insights.

I have a Nero OEM package that came on CD with my BTC DVD drive. The package itself seems to have no unique identity, but it includes the Burning ROM version 6.6.0.13 etc.

I used the updates at

to update this to 6.6.6.016 etc. These two parts installed OK: Nero-6.6.0.16.exe, NMP-1.4.0.35.exe.

But after installing a third setup program, NVE-3.1.0.16.exe, ShowTime now seems broken.

DVDs that I recorded myself which played OK before are now terrible. They play a fraction of a second (with sound), then there is about 5 seconds frozen, then another fraction, and so on.

Also, (probably unrelated, but what do I know?) on commercial DVDs I am now seeing a message that "Dolby Digital 2-channel decoding is not available". Yet I'm pretty sure I could get sound before. And my other DVD players, such as PowerDVD and WMP9, play the audio OK.

I've been unable to restore the previous programs, and regret the impulsive 'update' now ;-(

So, I'm looking for answer these please:

  1. Why are my previously 'good' DVDs not playing, and how do I fix?
  2. How can I get a sound track on commercial DVDs?

BTW, I've emailed Nero Tech Support, but from experience I'm not hopeful of getting any reply.

--
Terry Pinnell
Hobbyist, West Sussex, UK

I've not had good luck with Nero on Win98SE. It just seems pretty buggy to me. When it runs, it often messes up or locks the computer.

jak

Reply to
jakdedert

[snip]

Then how do you explain your problem ?:-)

I've been running Nero 6.3.1.4 for more than a year without a single hiccup.

...Jim Thompson

I don't know about recent versions of Nero, or XP, but my daughter's computer with W98 and an earlier Nero used to regularly lose the ability to record CDs. never did work out why, but almost every time she recorded a CD, she had to reinstall Nero.

You might consider trying CD Burner Pro

instead- it's free, and so far pretty stable.

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

I read in sci.electronics.design that Paul Burke wrote (in ) about 'OT: Nero ShowTime', on Fri,

14 Oct 2005:

You have to fiddle with it, while ROM burns.

John Woodgate

No.

I had it and I 'upgraded' back....

jak

Reply to
jakdedert

Have you tried asking over at sysopt.com? I usually can get a solution to software bugs in their forums.

You might try at rec.video.production as well. I have Nero 6 ultra running on my win2kpro editing machine and haven't had any problems inregards to my dvd burner.( liteon 411s)

Reply to
none

[snip]

Naah. That's got to be WinME.

Robert

Reply to
Robert

I missed that one.

...Jim Thompson

I have found that updating Nero will often cause various functions to stop working. I would reload an earlier version and don't update it. Chuck

Reply to
Chuck