OT: My home town

...Jim Thompson

-- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: Contacts Only | | | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | | E-mail Icon at

| 1962 | Statistics means never having to say you are certain

Posted because it has the words "Battery Charge" in the title?

There was certainly chemistry involved, but only of the metaphorical sort.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

I haven't been back there since 2008 when my father died (at age 90), but it's a surreal place, far different from my childhood... 150,000 population when I was a kid... 49,000 now... mostly now slums... Baltimore reincarnate... the neighborhood where I grew up is not safe to walk in :-( ...Jim Thompson

Den torsdag den 7. maj 2015 kl. 17.42.44 UTC+2 skrev Jim Thompson:

wonder what drugs those football players are using, seems like there hardly a weeks that there isn't a story of one of them beating up or killing someone

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

There'd be huge pressure to take steroids, or something with similar effect. They're probably drug tested every which-way, though.

I'll bet there's a lot of 'em that stay on the straight and narrow and still get splashed with the shit when this stuff happens.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

I'm almost willing to bet they are all on something, afaict the drug testing in football is just theater to please the sponsors.

Just look at cycling there is much much less money involved and the drug testing is a 100 times more extensive and a whole generation a riders were still able to beat every test while being doped to their eyeballs

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Yup. And what we learned from cycling is that for every test, there's a method to dope someone up and then disguise the fact.

Sudden rages is a symptom of steroid use. It's not a help that it seems that there's a significant number of primary and secondary schools out there, not to mention entire communities, that seem to feel that football stars come with their own automatic "get out of jail free" cards.

Which just disses all of the good communities and good coaches who don't believe in all of that...

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services