OT: More than half of all Americans now accept Covid Lab-Leak Theory (2023 Update)

"The Wuhan lab leak issue once again underscores how ‘fact-checkers’, media outlets and Silicon Valley giants shouldn’t be handed monopoly power to dictate reality."

Cursitor Doom

Once upon a time more than half of the voters in the 2016 election put Donald Trmp in office. Well, almost half.

An illustration of how public perception can be duped and duped beyond reason.

I remember telling my friends how Trmp didn't believe any of the stuff he said during the election. He even supported that view after he had won saying things like he didn't hate Hillary or Obama, he thought they were "good people". But the next four years showed even more of the performing arts. To this day I have no idea what Trmp really believes and what he doesn't believe. I just know he will say literally anything to garner support no matter how twisted and demented. It is a sad statement on society that any of this works.

Reply to
Rick C

Doyouthinktheysaurus.

Corvid

Whereas idiots like Cursitor Doom should?

He's posted another link to a Zero Hedge report.

Actually, what Cursitor Doom posted was exactly that. Rick C was pointing out that there are a lot of gullible twits out there, ripe to be exploited by crooks like Donald Trump and Zero Hedge. Cursitor Doom and John Doe are two examples of such gullible twits. Like most of such idiots, they are blind to the fact that they are being suckered.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

There's no 'lab leak' known, the only issue is completing the origin story of a microbe. We don't really know the full origin story of other pandemics (1918 flu is still an active topic of discussion), and may never know this one, fully.

That's annoying, that a content-free update to a medical historical puzzle has been thrust into our faces again.

And there's a list of boogeymen to defocus our minds from any real problem. Are we expected to ignore fact checking, news reporting, and 'giants' located in a bit of California near Palo Alto?

A disease origin story doesn't connect with monopolies, powers of monopolies, or the fates weaving a fabric of reality in any coherent world-view.

Reply to
whit3rd

A crocodile is certainly a terrible lizard, so they aren't entirely wrong.

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

Approximately 5.5 out of 10 Americans is sufficiently pissed off at meaningless surveys that they return joke answers. (Yes, I'm one of them.)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

That dofesn't make sense. Assuming the result is 55% "yes". What happened to the one who truly believe so? Did they say no just to confuse the surveys?

Reply to
Ed Lee

Surveys? I hang up in milliseconds.

China has a lot of influence. Somehow.

Of course, it was a coincidence that the pandemic originated within walking distance to the most dangerous bat-virus lab on the planet.

China kills more people in a single day with their coal burning, and most of them are Chinese.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

By the same token, it was also co-incidence that Novichok was used only six miles from Porton Down.

Post hoc ergo propter hoc.

So, we all know that the Russians deliberately used Novichok nerve agent just a few miles from a UK chemical and biological warfare research establishment (and it must be thus because the government denies it).

So likewise, it seems the US deliberately liberated Covid in Wuhan. QED.

The one fact we can be sure of is that we'll probably never know.

Reply to
Clive Arthur

Some very brave person would have to talk.

What ever happened to Jack Ma?

Oh, having 1.4 billion citizens will do that...

We don't have an origin, just a site of early discovery. Discovery, and a lab, in proximity: not a coincidence.

Reply to
whit3rd

Silence of the Lambs. Political murders.

Reply to
Ed Lee

Nielsen surveys are great! They paid me well, twice, for a brief few minutes of my time.

Of course, they wouldn't call in John Doe's zip code.

Reply to
Corvid

Jeroen Belleman snipped-for-privacy@nospam.please wrote in news:sci4tn$qge$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org:

Even them thar crayfish they been eatin'... them's real old.

And them thar giant centipedes are old.

What about them thar horseshoe crab things?

And great white sharks are nothing to dangle a leg about or at.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno