d don’t know

It's not nearly as exciting as the public would like. But it's starting to look like the lab leak idea goes in the same bin as the 2020 election fraud.

Nature examines arguments that the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 escaped from a lab in China, and the science behind them.

Fred Bloggs

Both a 100% certainty, then.

Nature! LOL. You'll be quoting from Wikipedia next. :-D

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Only for the extremely gullible minority.

"Nature" is a famously heavy-weight scientific journal. Naturally Cursitor Doom won't take it seriously because it doesn't offer the conspiracy theory grace notes that he demands as an essential part of his intellectual diet - not a diet that is doing his mind any good at all, but there's no evidence that it was ever up to much anyway.

Reply to
Bill Sloman

I have it from an unimpeachable source that it was man-made. I'll post the link when I have time. Naturally China's unofficial apologist, Bill Sloman, will demonstrate his customary evasion and obnubilation to that, but hopefully everyone knows where he's coming from by now.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

The specific virus SARS-CoV-2 does not replicate and survive in bats.

Now if they could show WIV was holding captive Uighurs for experimentation with amping up the virulence of coronavirus, then you would have something. But to date nothing like that has been uncovered.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

You are a velly sirry imbecile.

Reply to
Pomegranate Bastard

And YOU are Bill Sloman and ICTFP.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

More likely they've been dragged kicking and screaming to the correct conclusion. Better very late than never but their tardiness has not gone unnoticed.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Yeah, today is only 24 hours; is this something that can only happen in fall, where one Sunday has 25?

Your mysterious 'unimpeachable source' wouldn't be Nostradamus, would it?

Reply to
whit3rd

Cursitor Doom's idea of an unimpeachable source is one that feeds him the kind of nonsense that he likes to hear.

But it's too long to fit in the margin of this document.

Not believing the fanciful twaddle you post about China doesn't make me an apologist for them.

Cursitor Doom has learned a new word - probably because somebody has noticed that this is what he does.

Sure. I'm coming from the idea that conclusions should be drawn from reliable facts, rather than fantasies published by people intent on attracting conspiracy theory addicts like Cursitor Doom. One conspiracy theory that I've just invented is that this is part of a plan to clean up the internet by getting the like of Cursitor Doom addicted to particular nonsense sources so that they can eventually be killed off by feeding them fatal misinformation.

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Winnie the Pooh?

Reply to
Don Y

If you've got Uighurs, why bother with humanised mice?

The right-wing news sources that John Larkin favours might be doing this. The reliable ones don't seem to have bothered.

Cite? It's trifle unrealistic to imagine that Trump could have understood how the Chinese might have created Covid-19 in the exceeding improbable situation where they might have tried to. To go from there to blaming him for not exposing that implausible case - something that is clearly way beyond his competence - would be even more bonkers.

Reply to
Bill Sloman