Gull wing SMD LITEON optocoupler do I center the pads to match the dip hole centers?

There's a LITEON optocoupler that I want to use and it just says "SMD" as package. I found out it was gull wing, so when a package isn't given and just referred as SMD, chances are they are gull wing?

I have a DIP there now in the art. If I place pads for a gull wing, do I center the pads to match the dip hole centers? or should I offset somewhat? thanks

Reply to
mkr5000

Don't they publish a drawing?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

my bad.

Reply to
mkr5000

pick and place question -- let's say you're looking at component side of board. The IC is vertical and pin 1 is to the left, so that is zero degrees. If it's rotated to the right (pin1 up) is that ?

90 or 270?
Reply to
mkr5000

Mathematicians rotate CCW. Microsoft rotates CW.

Navigators rotate CW from due north as well.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

EEs go ccw from due east. East is real.

I take it you are so lazy you married a pregnant woman? That's about the same level.

Reply to
Rick C

Ugh, there's apparently no standard. My old Philips machine would take +90 and -90. My new(er) Quad/Samsung wants +90 and 270, and barfs on any minus signs in the input data.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Didn't want the work.