OT: Mileage in America

Since the only alcohol I drink is brandy in my eggnog this time of year, I get way below average mileage.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
alien8752

Since my wife, the leadfoot, hasn't driven my Honda Civic hybrid lately, I've been getting about 53 MPG with it! Not too bad.

It would probably be getting 60 MPG on pure gasoline.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

I believe that's *above* average - less gallons, which are on the bottom of the fraction ":)

--
Les Cargill
Reply to

I guess mine is infinite up substantially from a decade ago. ;-)

Reply to
krw

of

Mus' be th' eggnog.

(hic)

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
alien8752

22 gals of alcohol a year? Really? That's .42 gals per week. Assuming an average proof of 80 for distilled spirits that's a gal of the stuff per week. Beer would be 10 gals per week. They must have been dead drunk when they did that study. Art
Reply to
Artemus

yeh, if they mean pure alcohol they are off by almost a a factor of ten as far as I can tell

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

--
I drink about a liter and a half of a delicious white wine with a 15%
alcohol content a day, so that amounts to about 225ml of ethanol

That works out to about 82 liters per year, which is about 22.2
gallons per year.

Pretty close to the survey's finding, yes?
Reply to
John Fields

I drink about 2/3 of that... 1.5 750mL bottles. ...Jim Thompson

Heh. Explains a lot about some of the postings I've seen here...

Paul

Reply to
P E Schoen

Probably explains a jaundiced liver that weighs four pounds more than it should as well.

Far better, far safer inebriants out there than alcohol.

Reply to
Pieyed Piper

Please share what those are.

Or do you live in Washington State ?

Reply to
hamilton

--

  1.5 x 750ml     1.5
 ------------- = ----- = 0.75 = 3/4

--
Yup, Jim needs to get up to speed. ;)
Reply to

--
But the price of those inebriants often includes prison, which is far
less safe than alcohol.

more a day more that generally recommeded max par week

but it is no where near average:

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

At 9.4 l/year, the USA is a ways down the list. That's about 26 ml/day, on average, a bit less than 1 fluid oz. Jim drinks about 9 times that much. He probably qualifies as an alcoholic.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links