OT: Mark My Words

If the bailout ends up being a mistake all those democrats that are acting like lunatics now will be saying they were conned into it or tricked by bush just like with the war. It's also funny how they are trying to bully those against it into going for it. Specially with McCain who is wanting to do the right thing but is getting it from both sides as usual. We need to hold these guys accountable but I guess it's too late for that.

Reply to
Jon Slaughter

Spend and blame republicans have long ago surpassed the tax and spend democrats.

McCain is into the early stages of senility. God bless him for what he is (a war hero and a patriot).

However, turn the country over to him and clueless Sarah; I think not.

Reply to
Charles

Godamned idiot and clueless bastard. How lovely! Anyone here interested in an actual discussion?

Reply to
Charles

So you were turned out to pasture, yet mcCain is still working? It sounds like sour grapes to me..

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

On Sep 25, 6:19=EF=BF=BDpm, "Jon Slaughter" wro= te:

McCain's in a no-win position on this one. Though you could argue we're all in a no-win here, only I don't understand the rush unless one of the truly large banks is ready to fold. (CItiGroup, Chase, BofA, etc..)

What I do find incredibly stupid is McCain's "razzle-dazzle" (to use a Chris Matthews Hardball term). I can't think of a single compelling reason to "suspend" his presidential campaign.

If the deal falls apart, does he magically re-start his campaign, prior principles be damned?

If the deal is delayed, does he re-start having not accomplished what he set out to do? And thus come across as a failure.?

Besides, Barney Frank said a compromise deal was progressing fine without him (and Obama).

And why take the heat? Astoundingly poor judgement in my opinion. $700B bailout in Washington? STAY CLEAR. Doesn't take a political genius to figure that out. Like we need an Arizona senator to fall on the gernade for us? The vote of one Senator will matter exactly 1%. A little less than that if Cheney's included.

Not McCain though. He's sees a hornet's nest and immediately decides he's the only one in Washington with a stick. What an idiot. And from today's reporting, it seems his arrival has done little more than to inject politics into the whole mess. (Not that I guess that matters.) Apparently, he knows very little about the subject matter, barely even speaking at the very meeting that supposedly caused him to drop everything and rush back to Washington. (Stopping at the Clinton Global thing for a little campaigning first, though.)

What's he going to say anyway: "The fundamentals of our economy are strong?" I don't know what worse: The message or the messenger? Maybe the dolts who would listen to it in the first place?

I like Matthew's assessment of Razzle-Dazzle. We saw it with the Palin pick, his campaign suspension, and maybe tomorrow as a no-show at the debate.(?)

But I guess if you don't know how to use e-mail (assuming that's true?), it would at least explain the campaign suspension. Obama seems much better able to multi-task, but then he's 30 years younger and probably has a lot more stamina. I mean, you can only work a 72 year man so hard...

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

According to one news report, McCain can't use a computer or typewriter after having his arms broken repeatedly by the Vietnamese in their POw camp. The bones weren't properly set, and he got no medical attention, so he literally can't type.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

StickThatIn... is one of the many names that Always Wrong posts under. The fact that he opposes Obama is the best pro Obama statement that could ever be made in this or any other news group.

IMO: The bail out is a bad idea, at least the Paulson version is. It rewards the taking of unreasonable risks by the very people who should know better. The bail out is written like "Give me 700 Billion in unmarked bills or the economy gets it". No oversight or review by anyone is allowed.

700 Billion is more than enough to buy up all of the mortgages that are in trouble and rewrite them as fixed. Many would be paid off so far less than the 700 billion would be lost in the process. Buying up the mortgages would free up the money for the lenders so the problem would be solved. The people holding the 6 levels removed stuff would be stuck but they are the ones who were taking the silly risks so why not let them take a hit.
Reply to
MooseFET

We have known for a long time that he can't raise his arms. It doesn't make sense that this detail would be withheld until now. I think we can discount this story.

BTW: My mother has a lot of years on McCain and she sends me e-mail. She types with one finger and doesn't use the shift key very often but since the period and comma don't need a shift, you wouldn't know her age from what she writes.

Reply to
MooseFET

cting

by

ully

ing

We need

he is

Most things sound like sour grapes to Mike Terrell, who isn't working either, though he staunchly claims that this is because of his defective health. He may in fact have real health problems, but since he chooses not to believe anybody else's excuses for being out of work, we are obliged to be equally sceptical about his story.

It is hard to swallow McCain's claim to be intent on serving his countrymen when he proposes to lumber them with a Sarah Palin as Vice- President - it did win him a short burst of publicity in the media, and did cement his grip on the mindless right wing but it does make him look like a desperate opportunist, anything but presidential.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

That's what you want to beleive.

Results 1 - 10 of about 259,000 for Mccain can't type news. (0.32 seconds)

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I had already done that search and I also had looked at the date of the pages where I could find dates. I found none that were from before 2008. Did you find any?

Reply to
MooseFET

Yep. Just watch how much effort it takes him to just shakes hands :-(

As for being able to use a PC... is that a useful skill? That's what doobies and grunts are for ;-)

...Jim Thompson

           Liberalism is a persistent vegetative state

"Jon Slaughter" skrev i meddelelsen news:T7UCk.1393$ snipped-for-privacy@nlpi069.nbdc.sbc.com...

How will anyone know if the package "works" or not? The US economy is basically screwed anyway!

Of course "everyone" wants to be "in on it": Finance ministry becomes a dictatorship with 700 billion, no strings attached and no nasty accountability nor any oversight into whatever happened to the stash and it can be festooned with pork and graft before passing - but true to US-leadership-form nobody want to actually stand up and own the responsibility.

Reply to
Frithiof Jensen

=BDI

Ever hear of speech-to-text software (Dragon Naturally Speaking, for example)? Lord knows McCain can drone on.....

Even Stephen Hawking could "type". What's McSame's excuse?

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

translation: "razzle-dazzle"

Reply to
mpm

Go f*ck yourself... it's the best you'll ever get ;-)

...Jim Thompson

           Liberalism is a persistent vegetative state

On Sep 26, 3:13=EF=BF=BDpm, Jim Thompson

You plan on watching the debate tonight? How long until the topic morphs to the economy...

Should be interesting. Presumably, they cannot (or should not) say things that will wreck the markets come Monday...

Reply to
mpm

What does it matter? Did you find any from Obama condemning him for it prior to 2008? He has a staff that handles his clerical work, like any other politician at that level. I would bet that it is more than a full time job for one person, and that most are handled by his staff. Only those that truly require his attention need to hit his desk.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

He doesn't need an excuse. I'm sure that he doesn't empty the trash cans or sweep the floors in his offices, either.

Do you think Steven Hawkings could handle 100 emails a day? He has other things to do, and hires people to do clerical work. I see a lot of Veterans his age that can't, or won't use a computer. There are days when I'm in too much pain to use one myself, and I'm a disabled Veteran in my 50s.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Bye.

Reply to