OT: Looking for a Website Hosting provider US

Any recomendations?

Our company is looking for a new provider. Rants, raves, and complaints are welcome.

I'm leaning towards Ipower because of their location. thoughts?

TIA Martin

Reply to
Martin Riddle

welcome.

I've been using...

for many years, virtually without complaint... had one episode of failure of E-mail forwarding, but nothing else.

The E-mail forwarding is neat... I have a few hundred assigned E-mail addresses, allowing me to easily manage commercial accounts without ANY spam.

...Jim Thompson

     It\'s what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

welcome.

Thanks Jim, I'll add this to the list, it does look promising. The least expensive I've seen so far.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Riddle

I have one low-traffic domain hosted at OLM; tech support has been pretty responsive, but the site and/or email server seem to do down rather more often than my other domains, and email server response time is sluggish. I also have a couple domains hosted at GoDaddy. Reliability and performance of those has been fine, and likewise the tech support on the rare occasions I've called; the only complaint I have with them is that their own web site looks like it was designed by a meth addict - it's pretty hard to navigate. Finally, I have a domain hosted at Speakeasy.net, my ISP; okay, but just for web hosting not worth the money.

At this point, if I had a new domain to host, I'd probably do it on GoDaddy; but it's a marginal call.

Reply to
Walter Harley

welcome.

I've used webintellects.com, was pretty happy with them.

Reply to
onehappymadman

I've been looking at 1and1.com's services. They have a plan for

1,000GB a month transfer for $99. Does anyone know of something that can beat that?

A friend of mine uses it and they have no problem transfering 300GB a day (sustaining that would kill the wallet after 1000GB...)

Reply to
grant