Best overall website hosting - software development platform

I am looking for a software development tool(s) that will let me:

-do a few simple graphics

-mostly text

-a very simple Paypal or other payment system - very low key, as $ not the aim

-a means to collect emails and do a newsletter.

I wonder if wordpress would be good.

I've been on GoDaddy, but want something better, and open source so I don't get trapped in a company.

Thanks in advance jb

Reply to
haiticare2011

I have done that with libjpeg pushing a few graphics.

You just need to include a few lines of html.

With some php scripts and posting to local file and/or db.

Should work, but probably over kill.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

The trouble with a CMS are the backdoors. A lot of people use Wordpress without understanding all the nuances, hence they get hacked. The trouble is CMS is the market, so you can't get a decent wysiwyg HTML editor these days. Seamonkey is the last man standing in that category. Maybe Blue Griffon, but it is in a terrible state.

Reply to
miso