OT: Lock-Down

Anyone getting fed up with the lock-down yet?

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

It beats being dead.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

I don't know about fed up... I'm certainly tired of it. The food is a part I'm pretty unhappy about. I believe they are still providing carry out at restaurants around here. I might go for an order of fish tacos later. I really miss getting eggs for breakfast, but I suppose I could get some fast food eggs on biscuits or something. I'm getting pretty tired of my own co oking.

I don't have any idea what it's like to be without your income during this time. That has to be pretty bad. A close friend had just bought a new hou se and had not yet sold the old one. He blew all his cash on the down paym ent and is now making two mortgage payments. Fortunately he is still worki ng, from home I think, and his wife is a teacher who is still getting paid. I don't know if housing sales is affected yet or not. I told him to get out from under the damn thing as quick as he can.

I miss seeing my 92 year old friend. But no one wants to risk giving him t he disease, so we are all staying away other than the friend who brings him groceries... by leaving them on the porch.

--

  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Ricky C

Many many people.

Why the uninformative irrelevant question? Is it more than mere trolling?

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Ricky C wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Wow. Mark Twain would call you a pussy. So would Daniel Boone, and Davy Crockett.

I gues you just do not think things through. Do you even know what a transmission vector is?

I guess not.

Those 8 inch no-stick skillets are really nice. I slap down two eggs each day, for a nice double egg sandwich or scramble 'em up. Easy PEACEy, you're full of crap-a-neasy.

Oh, but that's right... you are unable to learn anything. Better let minimum wage idiots with zero food handling knowledge make stuff for you in the middle of a airborne transmissive pandemic. What was that you said? "I don't even know why I try..."

You really have no clue about the problem posed by prepared food, when the preparer is not you.

Buy breakfast bowls or burittos. They are cheap and cover the 'variety is the spice of life' aspect.

We may all find out, since billions are being fraudulently bilked from the bill that was meant for us.

Damn... he's got it rough... two caves and not one single bat to eat.

If he is stupid he makes them. If he is smart, he does not and dares the bank to do anything about it, and IF they got bailout money, he has a case against them.

No shit, Ricklock. What you got in that pipe, boy? BTW, you deserved that. Because of the STUPID, UNCIVIL way you 'decide' to repsond to me.

Maybe you'll 'civil up' at some point in your life.

Sorry, punk, but that doesn't qualify.

I care for a man on oxygen for years before this crisis. So I have to go out nearly every day to the store, because they are sparsely inventoried and I only get 3 or 3 bags of items with many from the list missing. So I risk exposing myself and him almost every day.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Tom Gardner wrote in news:89CkG.608187 $ snipped-for-privacy@fx08.am:

What can one expect ith a stupid moniker like the one he uses.

The only thing this clerk has doomed is himself.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Typical Gardner response there.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Tom Gardner wrote in news:89CkG.608187 $ snipped-for-privacy@fx08.am:

Vincent Price was fed up...

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

By which you mean intelligent?

Cursiotr Doom doesn't like intelligent responses, so he probably means "not the one he was trolling for".

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

I think it is a valid question. The lock down is not easy for most. Some find it a real hardship. I agree that it is necessary, but what is wrong w ith discussing it? I am not really much affected compared to many. I'd li ke to hear what others have to say, myself.

I may feel fed up, but that doesn't mean I want to give up on defeating thi s virus.

--

  Rick C.

  + Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Ricky C

And the answer is so trivial and obvious that the question wasn't worth asking.

Especially not in what is ostensibly an electronics group.

Now there's thread drift for you, verging on being a strawman proposition!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

In *your* opinion.

Since when? This group has always been about US politics - and doubly so in an election year such at this. Electronics has nothing to do with it.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Which is worth rather more than Cursitor Doom's (which isn't saying much).

Since it was christened sci.electronics.design

US politics does come up from time to time here. It's incidental rather than central, though this probably isn't obvious to Cursitor Doom, who doesn't know all that much about electronics or science (or anything else, for that matter).

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Bill Sloman wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Ostensibly.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

If your opinion differs, that reveals a lot about you :)

Nah. Irony should be more subtle than that.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

There doesn't seem to be any attempt, locally, to use the current home-bound situation to actually locate 'hotspots' and enforce a quarantine, where justified.

I'm not sure that there is any aim to do so.

The host of 'White Coats - Black Arts', on the CBC this Saturday, said that it looked like the intention of the present measures was to let everyone contract the disease, eventually.

I'm beginning to think he's right.

RL

Reply to
legg

I seem to have been wrong about that reference. Dr Brian Goldman was simply agreeing with the opinion of assistant M.Taylor, who was refering to the risks of workers in patient care - not the general population.

I suppose there's a difference.

RL

Reply to
legg

"Eventual brain-lobotomization of the entire world population for the Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist Computer God Overall Plan - an ideal worldwide population of light-skinned, low hopeless and helpless Jew-mulattos; the Communist "Black Wave" of the future."

Reply to
bitrex

At any rate, congratulations for reading between the lines of my original post. There's something fishy going on here when so many countries are unquestioningly following the economically-ruinous WHO edicts.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

I post a recondite, thought-provoking metaphysical conundrum for consideration by the Group and you completely miss the point and tear it down. You're really Bill Sloman and ICTFP.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom