OT: Lefties caught out again!

Historically speaking Americans have _wanted_ movies to be censored:

Reply to
bitrex

Rocky and Bullwinkle were the best. Boris and Natasha. Professor Peabody and his boy Sherman. Gidney and Cloyde the moon men.

This is in one of our manuals:

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Nice, but it doesn't do much for me. The above walk through of the game closely follows the original Arthur Conan Doyle story line: That would spoil the game for me. Methinks it might have been better if the game were based on one of the numerous Sherlock Holmes pastiches, parodies, and adaptations: I have a few of the books and collections mentioned.

I wonder if the game promoters thought that the likely game buyers had NOT read any Sherlock Holmes stories or watched any of the video versions?

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Yup. I really want a Portable Hole, some Instant Water, and especially some Husha-Boom, the silent explosive.

You can buy Roller Skis at Modell's, so there's hope. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

(Who has watched exactly one movie since 1987, and that was a documentary about the parents of a really good friend.)

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

There are some good ones at the Musee' de la Grande Guerre in Peronne.

Cheers

Phil "WW1 nerd" Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

It contains several "episodes" IIRC five or six of them, not all of them are based off the novels but are original material.

That one is kind of the "training" mission i.e. "how do I play this game"-tutorial sort of deal so if some players are already familiar with the original story that might be for the best in fact.

Reply to
bitrex

And have unlimited ammunition.

Except that's not the way it works. Hollywood _knows_ what sells (family fare, PG rom-coms, etc.), sure but that's not what they make. They have to have a "message" to be made. People who want to be preached at on Sunday morning don't want it from the Hollywood degenerates on Saturday night.

Reply to
krw

Husha-Boom was Boris and Natasha, wasn't it? I thought Rocky and Bulwinkle was far better than While E. I enjoyed it as much when my son was young as I did when I was - for rather different reasons. The Muppets was similar, in that way - many simultaneous levels of humor with the same words.

Reply to
krw

Yeah Rocky and Bullwiinkle were OK, (maybe too high brow for me.) I didn't like Sherman all that much. Fractured Fairy Tales were fun.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

I rather liked Fearless Leader and have made the capital mistake of accidentally referring to various former bosses by that name.

Perhaps these might give you some ideas for convincing customers to read the documentation: They're difficult to read online, but the PDF downloads are fine.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

You weren't supposed to like Sherman. He was an annoying twerp.

Natasha: Vell Boris, squirrel and moose hass defeated us again. Vat ve do now, buy teecket und fly home?

Boris: No, ve *steal* teecket and fly home.

lunatic fringe electronics

Well, Hollywood also makes a lot of stuff that doesn't sell. It's the "future is hard to predict" thing.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

This is Williamsburg, Brooklyn NYC which has some very intense racial tensions between blacks and Jews.

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

It's a half-truth. The far left wing activist press right now is making Israel out to be a Satanic evil in their treatment of the Palestinians.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Hollywood has long used "creative accounting" to make a good chunk of cash even off films which were poor performers just going by the for-public-consumption figures.

Reply to
bitrex

But they *know* the formula for what sells, yet make what doesn't, instead.

Reply to
krw

No child of mine would ever get near a Lovecraft novel or short story (much as I appreciate his style). Way too scary for little girls.

Cursitor Doom

Well, the Israelis are being quite beastly towards those poor Palestinians. And no one ever says a thing about it. If it were some far right group doing those things OTOH we'd never hear the end of it.

Cursitor Doom

he means Harry Potter.

I had the opportunity to lease/buy the house that was built on the site of HP Lovecraft's childhood home (was up for sale for a while) but passed on that one. Kind of a dumpy nondescript multi-family flat.

Reply to
bitrex

Quite a few people condemn Israel's antics in Palestine, but they don't get reported in the Daily Mail or Russia Today, so Cursitor Doom imagines that the behaviour passes unremarked.

He does live in his own little right-wing echo chamber.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to