OT:Kenmore range display diming?

:) Mostly binned, I just wanted the transformer out of it, either make something evil with the high voltage, or cut that out and put in a few turns heavy wire for a small spot welder... Dunno. Lotsa stuff is just ideas in my head, some will make to reality one day.

Grant.

Reply to
Grant

On a sunny day (Thu, 30 Sep 2010 09:08:53 +1000) it happened Grant wrote in :

Wow, way ahead they were :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Meiji Restoration period. Not as rare as Edo era microwaves. ;-)

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

LOL. They don't make them like they used to, way back then. :-)

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

On a sunny day (Thu, 30 Sep 2010 09:14:23 -0400) it happened Spehro Pefhany wrote in :

That caused me to read up on those periods on wikipedia. It is interesting how civilisations change over time. there is a trend to be found too, I'd say towards a more global society. Amazing how the Japanese took western knowledge and improved on it, then now sell it back to the west.

Bit of what is happening in China now too (the changes in China). the capitalist system, or better perhaps trade, advances things continuously. Not without wars though. Maybe in a zillion[1] years, when US empire is reduced to some local warlords fighting for power, new science from China will make the Americans do the same.

When or if US starts using import duties to compensate for a weak Chinese currency things like global trade will fall apart... Who will buy US debt? Its power basis will dissolve.

[1]Any day now.
Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Slow?! Only now do I see the date typo ;) So glad you're enjoying it.

Grant.

Reply to
Grant