OT: James Arthur, the perfect market and the perfect op amp

Are all standards RICO?

Reply to
krw

About as impossible as it is for you to act like a human. It could be done, but no one ever expects it.

Who really gives a f*ck, other that those with small minds?

Driveways are where you drive a little way off the road to park.

Around here there are no parkways. We call them roads and highways.

Hopefully, the interface I need to repair my bricked 1 TB HD will be here in a few days, so I don't have to recreate all those kill filters.

--
Subject: Spelling Lesson

The last four letters in American.........I Can
The last four letters in Republican.......I Can
The last four letters in Democrats.........Rats

End of lesson.  Test to follow in November, 2012

Remember, November is to be set aside as rodent extermination month.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

A guy on another newsgroup owns a 100+ year old wire brush company in Cleavland, Ohio. Their building still has all the ceiling hung driveshafts that drove the original machines. He was talking about finally removing an old lathe last year, that was still belt driven.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

ales

id

s and

sidize

ents are

Sadly, taxing the poor and subsidising the rich bankrupts you in short order, which is why Republican administrations in the US tend to run budget deficits. They don't actually subsidise the rich, but they do tax them less vigorously than the middle classes - as Warren Buffet pointed out recently - and they don't actually tax the poor, but they do take every opportunity to short-change them, which is one of the reasons why the US poor are less likely to be able to get jobs than their European counterparts, which Will Hutton documented a few years ago in his book "The World We're In".

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

l)

ote:

rnment

vernments

ss! The

. Letting

owing?

nly sell

ly not

t they

sense.

tually

right

local

ry

nters

make a

" off the

start

led anyway

be you

he

My great-grandfather Sloman (who was also William) had a one-horse- power joinery shop, with the one horse walking in a circle, rotating the shaft that drove all the leather belts.

I never saw it, and it was obsolete when my father was shown it - as a small boy in the early 1920's in Adelaide in South Australia.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

nt

ments

The

tting

g?

sell

ot

ey

e.

ly

al

No, but they wouldn't be much use for replacing planks in existing structures that happen to need to be repaired. That's what standards are all about - that, and interchangeability between suppliers.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Coesel)

government

governments

mess! The

Letting

borrowing?

only sell

simply not

they

sense.

actually

local

injury

splinters

make a

off the

start

anyway

you

time.

I have no problem with your illiteracy. It doesn't bother me at all.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

governments

Letting

the

You have admitted your illiteracy. The prosecution rests.

Reply to
krw

Speaking of why we can't do production...

I have been trying to renew my business insurance. In the past, all I have had is just professional liability from IEEE, but it has been pointed out to me that we should have general corporate liability as well. After contacting several different insurance agents, we keep getting turned dow, especially for E&O (Errors and Omissions.) Why? Because we are now starting to produce the Rainbow Color Reader. As soon as you actually manufacture something, most carriers wont' touch you with a fifty foot pole!

So John, who does your insurance?

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

Don't you understand how stupid that is? I'm not trying to be insulting, but please. Whip out your notebook and take some notes-- school's back in session.

The money comes in every month from payroll deductions and other sources. Millions of payers. 2-3x times the amount needed to pay SS and the debt service. Every month.

End of lesson.

No, I'm asking you. You're the one who said it was possible (that the Aug. 3rd SS checks be delayed for want of funds, as the President said).

How so? How could the coffers be empty when more than double that pours in every month?

Was every taxpayer and employer in the United States going to simultaneously stop paying? Or was the Tea Party going to barge into every office in America wearing ski-masks on Aug. 2nd and make off with the loot?

Or perhaps the Tea Party might've ridden up on their horses wearing their signature black hats and robbed the government's payroll train, bandannas hiding their racist faces?

Or had they possibly grabbed control of the space command's secret asteroid project and were directing it to impact the doomed Earth? Possibly from Area 51? You've got a point there--that would be nasty. Say it isn't so.

Do tell.

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

So many scientifically inclined people hate chemistry, as I did. Then there are a few who managed to learn it, but it seems like they had a diffeent kind of professor. The kind who did demonstrations. I only had the kind who wrote on the blackboard.

zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Coesel)

government

governments

mess! The

customers. Letting

borrowing?

only sell

simply not

But they

sense.

actually

right

local

injury

splinters

make a

1/4" off the

they start

milled anyway

maybe you

first time.

You saw the article about people that never admit error. Your attempt at persecution is a dismal failure. The planed size has been the same for well over 50 years. And custom cut wood has always been available.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

there

kind

I never had any trouble with chemistry. That fact that both my parents had bachelors degrees in chemistry - from the University of Adelaide in the late 1930's - may have something to do with this.

Chemistry requires you to remember a lot more stuff than physics, but if you've got a good memory that's not a problem. It's also messier than physics, and some can find this off-putting.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

te

the

Lets get real here. The President said it, and he's no fool - so somewhere there is a document written by one of his staff explaining how some demented Tea Party manouvre could block the distribution of SS cheques. You won't agree with the content of the document if it ever surfaces - because you will believe anything a Republican tells you, and nothing that a Democrat could tell you.

Not having the services of a staff who are expert in US constitutional law, I can't guess how the cheques might have gotten blocked. You may know more about the subject, but your imagination won't stretch to envisaging psychopathic behaviour by the right-wing politicans you choose to admire.

Let the Tea Party loose, and they could probably find a way to block tax collection ...

It's a possibility - they do seem to be silly enough to contemplate that kind of stunt - but I doubt that this would be the mechanism that Barack Obama had in mind when he made the claim.

I don't think that even the Tea Party is so far out of touch with reality that they'd stage an armed raid on horse-back, but you should keep in mind that the Boston "Tea Party" - for which the faction is named - was just such a gesture of armed insurrection, where some of the people involved disguised themselves as axe-wielding Mohawk Indians, and threw 342 bales of tea into Boston Harbour.

Neatly making the point that you aren't equipped to envisage any realistic way that the Tea Party politicians could have blocked the SS cheques. Barack Obama and his staff won't be afflicted with that particular cognitive defect.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

governments

The

Letting

sell

the

anyway

Why do you insist on showing that you can't read ("illiteracy" is too big of a word, evidently)?

Reply to
krw

I'm not so good at memorizing things without understanding their logical framework.

Making a mess would have helped my memory.

I just saw your reply because google groups are filtered from my usual news server.

zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Me too. Chemistry includes any number of logical frameworks. The periodic table is one of them.

I'm now a subscriber to Forte, which I use whenever google groups gets too slow or too prescriptive, but Google search tools are very handy. This response was drafted as a google groups response, but I cut and pasted it to Forte so that you would be able to see it.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Reply to