OT: It's Simmer Time in Arizona

On Monday, June 19, 2017 at 8:35:30 PM UTC-4, Lasse Langwadt Christensen wr ote:

om:

mid

and

ybe

in

from

%.

nd

This kind...

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

id

nd

be

from

.

When I lived in the New Orleans area we went canoe camping in nearby Mississippi.

Mosquitoes often carry off small children there, plus the occasional adult.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

mid

and

ybe

in

from

%.

and

ult.

Damn, sorry about that! Some of our Edmontonian mosquitoes must have snuck across the Canada/US border wall and headed south! Fortunately it sounds like you only got the smaller runty ones, so count yourselves luck y!

John ;-#)#

Reply to
John Robertson

The hottest places where I've spent more than a few days are Vellore in South India, Kolkata in the east and Delhi and Kanpur in the north. It's not unusual for daytime temps in these cities

My last visit to New Delhi was in June 2015, a year that the locals said was the hottest in two decades. Having flown direct from my (much cooler) home town, the heat when I got out of the air-conditioned cab in front of my sister-in-law's residence was almost like a physical blow.

Reply to
Pimpom

I've never been bitten more/worse than the summers we spent in Northern Wisconsin and the UP.

Reply to
krw

Highs or lows. 104F isn't all that high. 50C is hot.

Reply to
krw

Air is too thin for the big aircraft to get enough lift for takeoff at spee ds possible in that skimpy little runway, so all flights are cancelled. There's someplace in Iran where they regularly see 160oF days in the summer .

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

lunatic fringe electronics