OT: iBlame Google

Ever notice how the new crop of dot-com/wireless/software wannabees take two nouns (any two) and slam them together to form their company names?

And the weirder the nouns are, the better. I guess it's a reliable strategy for getting top listing in search engines.?

I think we should try 2 verbs next. Any suggestions?

Reply to
mpm

On a sunny day (Wed, 24 Feb 2010 18:12:06 -0800 (PST)) it happened mpm wrote in :

Well, what is so strange about all that, some use only one word, that has nothing to do with anything: Apple Orange How about 'Avocado' or 'milkshake? ? Lemme check: grml: ~ # host milkshake.org

grml: ~ # host avocado.org avocado.org has address 66.181.26.10

grml: ~ # host milkshake.org milkshake.org has address 212.53.89.138

Occupied already!

Hard to come up with something new: host capacitor.org grml: ~ # host capacitor.org capacitor.org has address 64.49.219.249

LOL No hope, and soon IPV4 addresses run out and there will be zillions of IPV6 addresses: host mycat.org mycat.org has address 87.230.0.95

See? Can you blame them? hehe

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

nothing to do with anything:

addresses:

Bastardized Greek/Latin - NeoPax

Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Like "Television".

-- "Electricity is of two kinds, positive and negative. The difference is, I presume, that one comes a little more expensive, but is more durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it." (Stephen Leacock)

Reply to
Fred Abse