OT: HTML printer driver

Can anyone point to a virtual printer where I can print to HMTL format while preserving formatting?

This is for Windows 7.

I have come across a PDF to HTML but that adds another step to the process. I've searched but I seem to mainly come across many old sites that are for Win95 and XP.

--
Mike Perkins
Video Solutions Ltd

You didn't say it had to be free.. I see a couple that cost around $35-40..

Have not tried them. The first one is free for personal/1 page max.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Thanks for the suggestions. I was hoping for free!

--
Mike Perkins
Video Solutions Ltd

Try Mint Linux. Utterly user friendly and Free. First Linux release I'm completely comfortable recommending to newbies. Download and burn at

and go from there. No more virus scanners necessary and such unless you care to. You'll never go back. It's what they call a "live" release and can boot to RAM as the default so you can check it out B4 committing to an install. Nice. Damn near perfect.

Reply to
Wayne Chirnside

I found that LibreOffice Writer can export to HTML where the formatting within word is maintained and I feel it gives a very nice result.

What is interesting is that it creates a single file and it embeds jpegs into this html file using Base64 encoding.

--
Mike Perkins
Video Solutions Ltd

Another interesting point about LibreOffice's HTML exports is that the HTML code is actually not too bad. It follows the standards, as far as I have seen, and it is only bloated by a factor of 3 or 4. Compared to MS Office's HTML output, LO's HTML is a joy to read or work with - MS Word has a bloat factor of 20 or 30.

Just for fun, I took a MS Outlook HTML email, imported the HTML into LO, saved it again as HTML, and found it was less than a quarter the size and looked identical.

Reply to
David Brown

Word 97 or higher can do that I think. When you go to save as, it has that option. I am not sure about Openoffice because I don't have it, but people claim it can do anything Office can do, which would include that.

Reply to
jurb6006

Unfortunately if you save to HTML, Word looses it's page width, where the text goes from one side of the screen to the other, making it unpleasant to read.

I believe OpenOffice has become overtaken by LibreOffice in popularity and I find the export function in LibreOffice Writer seems to maintain the page format rather nicely.

--
Mike Perkins
Video Solutions Ltd