OT: Hee! Hee!

Again, is he married? If not then he is above the treshold and can afford the insurance.

Whether it is useless or not is a question of risk. It will cover a major health issue which is why my wife and I have a high-deductible policy. If the guy decides to gamble on it, a drunk driver smashes into him, flees the scene and the cops can't find him your friend is going to be screwed for life.

So, financially over-extended. That, of course, never enters into the equation of any legislation and shouldn't.

Well, it ain't much of an insurance but all the other (non-Obamacare) plans are similar unless you are willing to pay through the nose or are a government worker who gets almost everything for free.

What events? Getting sick? People have almost no control over much of that. A friend's neighbor just slipped off the tailgate of his pickup truck and broke his back. Stuff happens.

With a heart attack or a massive brain bleed? How do you stretch that out over seven months?

Until you get hit.

Fully agree. Neither Obama nor anyone did anything about that.

Sure, especially since they made people pay beaucoup bucks into the system for years. Eventually people want their due.

[...]
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Well, get the subsidy then. It's not likely going to be repealed anytime soon. The GOP blew that chance, big time.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

And they did. Others bought Mustangs and there it's the same. Roush-this, Roush-that, and pretty soon it cost more than the stock broker's big Benz.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

AKA "Lie".

Reply to
krw

Simply don't read the second post (I don't). Or, if you're the least bit squeamish about gooey lefties, the first one for that matter.

Reply to
krw

Yes, you're simply wrong, as has been pointed out here before.

...and just what is the out of pocket cost of using this "bronze plan"? I know people forced into such crap that won't use it. Too expensive to use.

Total cost, dipstick. Try actually using that "bronze plan".

Reply to
krw

Baloney. I've helped people sign up and they got exactly what was shown.

Up to $9600 per year for a married couple. For which, thanks to former presidend GW Bush, you can have an HSA account which generates lots of savings if you stay healthy. All preventative stuff such as an (expensive) colonoscopy are free, doesn't count against deductible.

You never even bothered to look yet let off comments anyhow.

You have no clue about this. This is EOD for me, it's useless.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

It's euwww on the palate. I'll never touch kale again.

Same here but meantime support had become paltry with both. EE work has become less fun since we had this massive consolidation. For most high-tech non-special-market chips there are only two suppliers left, TI and AD. And that shows. I am trying to get a support answer from AD for about a week -> nada, zip. They just don't seem to care anymore. TI was often worse, they just cast the question off to the "forums". Needless to say, there was no meaningful answer either.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

ting

is

e to

in

just gotta do it right, cooked up with lots of butter and cream

Lasse Langwadt Christensen

He isn't the quickest learner, but will do what you want eventually.

Reply to
bitrex

Let me have the sausage, you can have the kale :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

There's a natural life cycle to vehicles like that, after a couple years and a couple payment defaults/repossessions/sales they end up in the loving hands of someone who deserves them. There is an order to things.

Reply to
bitrex

What sort of "non-special-market" chips are you talking about. Opamps aren't very "special" and there seems to be a few makers of them. Likewise logic. Processors? DSPs? DACs? ADCs?

We get great support from TI, ADI, particularly. There are a half dozen people at TI who will jump at the first phone call (one analog/power FAE dedicated to our site). ADI has an FAE who has worked several Christmas vacations with us to get shows ready. Others are just a phone call away. It's all about ROI.

Reply to
krw

I prefer it with gasoline and a match.

Reply to
krw

Current examples: AD8138 and ADA4950 diff amps, need some ironclad distortion specs for 5Vpp diff output at 100ohms load. High volume project. Filed request well before Christmas, no answer. In the 90's I'd have had a call from my AD guy the next day. He even supported me while I was designing something way outside his turf, in South Korea.

If you are with a huge company that always works. In the old days they understood that consultants can bring in lots of design-ins as well. I have designs where 4k units/month roll off the belt in Shenzhen. They no longer seem to understand that.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

You need an internet connection to use a firestick/Netflix/Amazon Video, yeah?

I wouldn't personally feel comfortable having a "basically free" streaming-service account for my personal use paid for by a family member but if everyone involved is cool with that whatever works I guess

Reply to
bitrex

There sure is. What I don't understand is how someone can skip health insurance for that. There is all that lamentation about how "unaffordable" it is in the US and, under Obamacare it largely has become unaffordable for the middle class over 400% FPL, but so far all people I met who didn't have health care did so per choice. One lost almost the whole colon because of it :-(

They all think "Oh, nothing really bad is going to happen to me". And then it does.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

voting

this

ove to

e in

I'll admit it doesn't look that appetizing but done right it is very good

Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Well, you know what my answer is going to be: in a Western country in the 21st century nobody should even be spending time on these questions as there should be a basic level of medical care available to all citizens at no charge. Joe Citizen's anxiety over health care coverage questions times a hundred million plus the overhead of dealing with it all likely results in many billions of dollars of lost productivity a year, far more than the rather meager billion or two the health insurance industry skims yearly off the top.

The private insurance industry doesn't provide a single penny of direct healthcare services to anyone.

If I sent the various healthcare insurance companies billable hours for all the times I've had to discuss plans and options and cost with friends, girlfriend, and family members in the past year, when if I lived just about anywhere else I wouldn't have o, it would easily meet or exceed what I've had to pay them for myself. Expect my bill forthwith, I accept cash or check and I'd be happy to call it even.

Reply to
bitrex

Have you tried some old-fashioned "dread game"?

They don't "understand" that anymore because they probably feel you're a loyal quantity and they don't have any competition. Introduce some competition.

Reply to
bitrex