OT: Global cooling 34 million years ago

I use ISI JCR journal articles, not you or your opinions. Why should I care about what you say?

But I insist that before I take a single step in any direction you point, that you first take a crack at your own earlier comments and see how they hold up. Do some of your own work. Even you should know better than to completely walk away from your own statements. In the meantime, I'll probably just keep reminding you if I bother at all.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan

It is a religion with you:(

If it's not in the bible (ISI JCR) then it's not true.

If you won't look at the facts then there is no hope for you.

Reply to
Raveninghorde

I note you are using an out of date secondary source.

For a more up to date picture try:

Which has seen the anomoly cut from 0.5C to 0.3C.

Add to this the guy from NOAA predicting cooling for another 30 years. That'll be 40 years of cooling. Which is consistent with moving from a grand solar maximum to a minimum.

SNIP

Reply to
Raveninghorde

--
If:

"It is not as if you need my good opinion, not that you seem to be in
any way equipped to earn it."

was penned by your wife as an attempt of a trap of some kind, then, poor
dear, she\'s as linguistically challenged as you are.

JF
Reply to
John Fields

As always, Sloman has to blame someone else for his failings. On the other hand, no one could accept all of his failings without going insane.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I
will not see your messages.

Michael A. Terrell

When you must hide in a dark corner of superstition and call ISI JCR rated journals biblical, it pretty much defines you -- not me. Science is indistinguishable from religion by those sufficiently ignorant of it. You are just unable to discern, which is your problem not mine.

But that's _your_ problem, not time. You are just projecting your own flaws. I do, you don't.

Worse, you won't even attempt to evaluate your own idiotic comments and defend them. Which is a discerning earmark of a crackpot. Go back and attempt to evaluate your own earlier silly point, for once. If you can't even do that, I've no idea why anyone should care what you say.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan

...and your point is?

Reply to
krw

Another tactic of the True Believer - accuse your foe of doing exactly what you're doing.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

That he never changes?

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I
will not see your messages.

Michael A. Terrell

He's always been insane. Why would accepting his failings have anything to do with it?

Reply to
krw

poor

The insane never accept the truth?

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I
will not see your messages.

Michael A. Terrell

te:

:

No, she didn't write it. Some time ago she was talking about the way some genetically challenged people (not the Fox2p gene, which affects speech production) have trouble with complicated sentence structures, so I tested you with a sentence containing an inferred object, and it seems that you couldn't parse it.

I may - of course - have misunderstood what she was saying, but I do seem to have come up with a sentence that your brain isn't equipped to parse - your push-down stack would seem to be inadequate.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

:

te:

te:

n the

I take advantage of something my wife said to successfully trip up John Fields, and I've

a) failed?

and

b) blamed someone else for my "failure"?

I know Michael A. Terrell is a Jim Thompson groupy, but he may have surpassed the master when it comes to being out of touch with reality.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0...Jim Thompson

than

Since I was talking about short term noise superimposed on a long term trend, both your sources provide exactly the same support for the point I was making.

Presumably you are misquoting Kyle Swanson - again. As I pointed out tp you last time, what he actually said was that the short term cooling could extend for as long as thirty years.

In fact he seems to think that a few years is more likely.

You aren't the only mendacious creep who goes in for this kind of selective misquotation

ir/

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

Of course they can't! They haven't got any!

Every time I've said, "I'll grant your model a little credibility when you show me one that accounts for water," they clam up.

Or start name-calling. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

Can you reference an article on this subject? Ask her if she might be willing to provide a pointer? Sounds helpful in understanding some folks.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan

--
The trouble doesn\'t lie in my inability to parse the sentence, it lies
in your inability to have constructed it properly in the first place and

Now, since you\'ve blundered onto that little dodge, I\'m sure you\'ll
start claiming that all of your linguistic "errors" are tests.

JF
Reply to
John Fields

--
"It is not as if you need my good opinion, not that you seem to be in
any way equipped to earn it."  seems to be something someone with the

JF
Reply to
John Fields

te:

e:

ote:

or

Sorry. I can't provide a reference - the work has yet to be published.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

te:

e:

ote:

or

Actually, it is.

ce

Since is was explicitly constructed to expose your linguistic deficiencies, and did exactly what I hoped it would do, I do seem to have been able to do what I intended.

The sentence would convey two ideas to the linguistically competent.

One is obvious - I acknowledge that you don't need my good opinion.

The second is a parenthetical observation that you aren't in any way equipped to earn my good opinion - the "it" at the end of the sentence, refers back to the phrase "my good opinion" in the first clause, as would be obvious to anybody with normal syntactic skills.

Most of my linguistic errors are perfectly ordinary, and entirely unintentional "errors of action" - also known as typos.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman