OT: Game

Ability at this flash game is probably a good indicator or predictor of ability at certain aspects of PCB layout:

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

-- "it's the network..." "The Journey is the reward" snipped-for-privacy@interlog.com Info for manufacturers:

Embedded software/hardware/analog Info for designers:

Spehro Pefhany

Level 24 is way toooo much...........

Right,at level three I moved on to something else different........................

Jim Douglas

Cute. I just struggled getting through level 4 on my terrible screen (my cowardly excuse is that it sprawls off screen so I am using the slider bars to look around.) I've got a 902 score at that point, with a 508 bonus on level 4.

I'm not sure about clicking for another round, though. It is getting notty. Ok, here goes. Ah. Bonus 1231, total score 2133.

Thanks, Spehro.

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

You know, I'm running all this on a very ancient sub-100MHz processor on Win98se. With level 6 I get a "macromedia is running slowly" error asking me if I want to quit. It works, but it is slow!! Got 4781 total score after completing level 6.

Sheesh. I need to stop before it blows up my poor Windows!

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

Guess I'll never be a maker of PCB layouts. Quit at Level 2 ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Interesting application of combinatorics. I made it to level 14, with 813440 points, but I must leave it be for now.

Reply to
Jeff

level 5, 2:50 b1430 s2785, but i can't go any further i think, not because i can't, but cause i'm lazy.

--
Using Opera\'s revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/
Reply to

level 7, gave up on 8, my screen is not big enough, and I couldnt find the "Block Move" command

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

I haven't been able to get past level 2 yet. )-;

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

813440

Neat!. Finished level 10 and 93,767. Bored now :( regards john

Reply to
john jardine

Very, very cool. Got to level 8 before dinner, but my brain was hurting......

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

Not for at least 25 years, but I used to be very good at it... all kinds of tricks to do single-layer metal.

...Jim Thompson

Do you ever do the layout of chips?

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add
2 more zeros and remove the obvious.

Nice game,

I was on Level 5, but...

Then was called to an 1 1/2 hour engineering meeting and the project had major changes.

Now were back at level 1.

(sigh)

;D

Reply to
Martin Riddle

I've wondered about how they do 7-layer metal now. The "vias" must be limited to passing only a few layers down, right? I can't believe they go down from top to bottom.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add
2 more zeros and remove the obvious.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

I reached level 7 in the first 10 minutes, but then I've done a lot of tough pcb layouts in my day. That game needs a block drag-select-and-move capability, like any decent PCB program.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

I really don't know for sure, but I believe a via can only do one connection, not multiples as in PCB's. I have several subcontractors that do that for me now.

...Jim Thompson

I've probably wasted $100K worth of engineering time with just one little pointer to one little piece of software. 8-( Imagine the power of a Bill Gates.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

I just e-mailed the pointer to my PCB layout guy, and let him get on with it.

Regards Ian

;-)

Reply to
Ian