OT: Folder Options (XP)

Does not work at all; only a few subdirectories change (and others change another way...). It is all a lie.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Possible comments:

1) THEY are all out to get me! 2) THEY are all out to get me! [[above,being PAIR-annoyed with BS]]
Reply to
Robert Baer

Have no idea if size related or not; I try to keep them small and not use them unless such use is very convenient.

This _is_ a Usenet group, not eXplicitly text only... ..a naked diagram once in a while.. [[wait for it to show]]

Reply to
Robert Baer

It's XP. It's about as consequential as popping a balloon.

Besides, we _all_ keep regular (daily, weekly) backups of our main systems, right?

...Right?

(Incidentally, if you do royally f*ck up the registry, that's exactly what System Restore is there for. It's never really gone, it's always making backups. Unless said toddler knows the administrator options to disable those backups, I suppose; if that's even possible to disable, I'm not sure?)

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Tim Williams

That supposed "backup" system NEVER EVER has worked in any OS i ever installed..Win95, Win98SE, Win2K, WinXP, Win7, OS/2. Are you saying there is a way to ENABLE it? And tell it how often to do its thing?

Reply to
Robert Baer

d not

Interesting, all these years I've simply assumed (or was told early on) that attachments wouldn't work on non-binary groups. Sigh.

Well, I, at least, know what assumptions are! (sound of head banging against the wall)

Thanks,

John :-#)#

                      John's Jukes Ltd.
          (604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
                      www.flippers.com
John Robertson

Mickeysoft "backup" sucks. I wouldn't trust it to work either direction.

You buy a third party back up software package although there are a few free ones these days that are not too bad. Even online ones if you don't mind having your stuff sat in the cloud. I quite like Paragon for its simplicity and full or incremental backups. It helps that you can get

256GB USB sticks these days (or insane sized spinning rust). Other brands are available.

I recall finding a bug in the Novell OS/2 backup when our saveset went above 2GB and we had a hard disk failure. We only got the first 2GB back because their code had used a signed integer somewhere. It was very annoying because we had regular tests but when the chips were down the damn thing failed (only by a few MB lost code but that really hurt).

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

It must be size related. There is also a curiosity that in this message the GIF shows up as an attachment that TB can't display (animated GIF) whereas the earlier ones were surprisingly rendered inline.

Quite a lot of newsservers strip attachments in text only groups or at least they used to. Evidently this got through unmolested.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

  • More likely related to the NG server; the worm popped up in about
20seconds (the cube net). I have seen it as a "frozen" gif and that looks empty.
Reply to
Robert Baer

I see a lot of details,but nothing that states WHAT (and how) controls the so-called [preferred for me] Defaults ("Restore Defaults") or what "Reset all Folders" uses for the so-called reset and importantly, what enforces the "all" - as only some folders are touched.

Due to the inconsistency i prefer "Restore Defaults" most especially if i can SET those so-called Defaults.

Thanks.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Martin Brown wrote in news:qomedf$g0e$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org:

Actually, it was news servers doing it. A good news client strips nothing. What good would not being able to see every bit that was posted do? I want to make those choices.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I first set a folder to the way I want most of them to appear, and then tell it to set them all the same as that one.

Reply to
Robert Baer