OT: Flux capacitor movies?

Just looking at Back to the Future, great fun,just wondering what your techie fav is?

Tommorow's movie is probably Forbidden Planet, (eeyores and Jim T's home). I found a copy of The Questor Tapes, recentlty, wow, ancient, a made for TV film.

Bad news, but Neelix, sorry, I mean Keanu, is about to "star" in the remake of "The day the earth stood still". Hopefully as Gort

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

As far as TV shows go, Mythbusters has to be every techies favourite. Yes, they get it wrong a lot, but that's half the fun.

As for movies, The Dish and Apollo 13 are great for 1960's vintage space technology.

Sneakers and WarGames are computer geek classics, with Sneakers having a bit more electronic content.

BTTF is one of my favs though. Loved the BTTF ride at Universal Studios too.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

But the best movie of all, of course, was the cross genre Godzilla versus the night nurses.

How they did the tapioca pudding scene is still under strict NDA.

--
Many thanks,

Please visit my GURU\'s LAIR web site at http://www.tinaja.com
Reply to
Don Lancaster

The flat space technology or dimensional compression technology in the movie Ultraviolet was interesting.

...But not as interesting as Milla Jovovich's tight clothing :)

D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

just found this bit of film theory

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

Amazon Women on the Moon

-- Paul Hovnanian mailto: snipped-for-privacy@Hovnanian.com

------------------------------------------------------------------ Nondeterminism means never having to say you are wrong.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Debbie Does Dallas

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

"In theory, there isn\'t any difference between theory and practice.  In
practice, there is."  - Yogi Berra
Reply to
DaveM

This Island Earth

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

I don't know if these qualify as 'techie', but:

Blade Runner Lathe of Heaven

12 Monkeys

-- Paul Hovnanian mailto: snipped-for-privacy@Hovnanian.com

------------------------------------------------------------------ David Bradley (IBM programmer who created the Ctrl-Alt-Del reboot keyboard sequence), "I may have invented it, but Bill made it famous."

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Not techie. A great film for the mind, however.

Beautiful film work of Ursula K. Le Guin's excellent book!

Great piece of work as well.

None were techie, but all were REAL GOOD.

I have one on HD (12 Monkeys), and Blade Runner is next. I doubt The Lathe of Heaven will ever make it to an HD version as the DVD version is a patched together work from some VHS pieces, since the original prints got fried in a BBS archive fire years ago.

HD formats rule!

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

David L. Jones snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com posted to sci.electronics.design:

Try "Forbidden Planet" or "Contact".

Reply to
JosephKK

I once had a GF who didn't even want to watch AWotM, because of the name. Then, when she saw it was a spoof, she was too embarrassed and irked to enjoy it. )-;

I made the same girl sit through "Forbidden Planet" once, and even *_I_* wasn't as impressed with it as I was the first time I saw it, at about age 8.

She eventually broke up with me. )-;

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippi