OT farmed and dangerous

of

that is

compared to

government

little

and

good.

I suspect that a large part of it is due to some of the differences in proteins and the ratio and the kinds of butterfats between bovine (and other ungulates) and human sources. Plus pollution in general seems to interfere with protein processing gene expression, causing many more intolerances and allergies.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

e:

nd

od.

Not true.

It's created by patients who don't take complete courses of drugs, allowing the bugs to survive long enough to evolve resistance to one or more of the drugs being used in the treatment.

Typhoid Mary was locked up so that she cloudn't infect new patients. but US health care has gone backwards since then.

HIV does make patients more vulnerable to TB, and needle-sharing is a known mechanism for transmitting HIV. Multi-drug resistant TB was a problem in t he US before the HIV epidemic.

Or is visited by people who have hung around shooting galleries. Human TB d oesn't seem to make cows particularly sick, but it does seem to be particul arly infectious.

And kills you faster. Why aren't you worried that the US medical system isn 't more focused on eradicating it?

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

The pasteurization process can change the proteins and fats, I would expect raw milk maybe doesn't have the same problems for clogging arteries as pasteurized/homogenized milk does. Plus a lot of raw milk is from healthier cows than factory milk, healthy and happier cows will make healthier milk. Stressed out cows will put stress hormones in the milk I'm sure.

cheers, Jamie

Reply to
Jamie M

Edsel Ford. Brucellosis.

-- "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." (Richard Feynman)

Reply to
Fred Abse

How?

Why? By the time milk has got through your digestive system and its enzymes , and your stomach wall, it's been a lot more heavily processed than mere p asteurisation.

Why do you think that? People who sell unpasteurised milk are taking chance s with the health of their human customers. They may have equally silly ide as about what keeps their cows healthy and happy.

A claim which needs supporting evidence, preferably from an institution wit h a bit more credibility that the "Pacific Rim College".

Others with a better grasp of cause and effect might be less sure. In any e vent, you'd have to demonstrate that regular cows are "stressed out", that their stress hormones show up in their milk, and that cow stress hormones m ake a difference to human milk consumers.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

control/

days because of inherited ( and hard won

) immunity that people just don't have anymore. The reason is you inherit your mother's immunity temporarily, but, if

not exposed to the pathogen so as to activate the immune response within approximately the first seven years of life,

you lose it. For most of modern society there's nothing to inherit anymore, having disappeared several generations ago

or whenever they moved off the farms.

Hi,

people still drink raw milk every day around the world. You can get it in vending machines in Europe.

cheers, Jamie

Reply to
Jamie M

And cigarettes. Half the population has below average intelligence, and even nominally intelligent people don't always see "alternative medicine" as a potentially life-threatening confidence trick.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Who told you that one? You *can* buy raw unpasteurised milk direct from farmers here but you would have to try pretty hard to do it. It has been that way since 1985 when UK retail sales of raw milk was banned.

Most milk now is pasteurised and sold in supermarkets as a loss leader.

The lifeless boiled to death UHT white paint sold in America as homogenised milk has a tiny market share, but unpasteurised has an even smaller share (currently estimated to be

Reply to
Martin Brown

Hi,

Ya it is surprising but there are raw milk vending machines all around europe:

Article on pathogens detected in the raw milk vending machines but at levels too low to cause human health problems:

cheers, Jamie

Reply to
Jamie M

You are reading crank sites that wilfully misrepresent the situation in Europe. City dwellers would not even know where to go to buy raw milk.

Obviously the farmers that do sell it use a vending machine, but they are *extremely* rare except possibly in Poland (never been there).

There are less than a dozen known to sell raw milk in the UK see:

There may be a few more they haven't listed yet.

UK

Reply to
Martin Brown

Hi,

I haven't been to Europe so don't know much about it, but there are many raw milk products sold all around the world and are very common, also from the wikipedia page:

there are no restrictions on raw milk in the EU and it is legal to sell for human consumption.

Also from that page:

"In Germany, raw milk is sold as Vorzugsmilch.[12] This means, the raw milk has to be packed before vending, with the necessary information (Producer, durability etc.) written on the product. The distribution license has severe quality restrictions, and so just 80 farmers in Germany have one."

Its funny some cheeses are legally required to be made from raw milk in Europe, so its illegal to use pasteurized milk in some cases there!

"French Roquefort, a famous blue cheese, which is required by European law to be made from raw sheep's milk."

Its not a big deal about raw vs pasteurized milk, both are safe to drink in the short term and raw milk is just healthier long term.

cheers, Jamie

Reply to
Jamie M

it

om

een

en

-

Your reading comprehension is poor. In one line you - falsely - claim that there are no restrictions on the sale of raw milk in Europe and in the next you post quoted text which says that in Germany it requires a distribution license with severe quality restrictions.

The process of turning sheep's milk into Roquefort involves introducing the mould Penicillium roqueforti which makes the cheese a difficult environmen t for any other bug.

So you keep on claiming, thereby exhibiting clear evidence of cognitive def icit. We don't know if you were stupid when you started drinking raw milk - though it seems likely - but you are clearly stupid now. Not a good advert isement for the product.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

there are no restrictions on the sale of

raw milk in Europe and in the next you post quoted text which says that in Germany it requires a distribution license

with severe quality restrictions.

mould Penicillium roqueforti which makes

the cheese a difficult environment for any other bug.

deficit. We don't know if you were stupid when

you started drinking raw milk - though it seems likely - but you are clearly stupid now. Not a good advertisement for

the product.

Different realities - I believe more in that now after discussing this with you Bill thanks for opening my mind. I could look at all the formal scientific evidence against raw milk and agree with you or I could just keep drinking it, I see both options and choose to drink it! :)

cheers, Jamie

Reply to
Jamie M

t it

from

d.

der

even

nd

tml

an-

in

.

ny

hat

the

ood

)

You don't actually seem to have looked at the formal scientific evidence, s o at most you are claiming to accept that such evidence exists. Since you a re continuing to ignore it - and the reality that it reveals - we can't cla im to have opened your mind, if indeed you've got a mind worth opening.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

No they are not. They are in a few states right on the far eastern border of the EU where they appear to lack pasteurisation equipment. It is a step up from just pouring it out of a milk churn I suppose.

That is incredibly misleading there are at most few dozen farms in the UK, none at all in Scotland (where it *is* illegal to sell raw milk).

The bulk of the countries in the EU where raw milk is common are the backward newly acquired states that lack industrial infrastructure as is clearly shown on that somewhat US raw milk crank biassed Wiki page.

Just 80 farms doing it in a very large country. Yes it is sold but still a minuscule part of the overall daily fresh milk sales.

Many of the best cheeses are made from raw unpasteurised milk. The process of making cheese generally sees off any bad bacteria in the same way that making beer used to kill off bad bacteria in water.

The taste of these old cheeses just isn't the same if the milk is pasteurised first but you do have to accept there is a slight risk associated with it (but a very much lower risk than with raw milk).

Provided that you survive the various nasty bacterial infections you will inevitably acquire from consuming raw milk. Even raw milk cheeses which are considerably safer are not recommended here for the elderly, people with suppressed immune response or pregnant women.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown