Re: [OT] Canadian Customs agents / idiots

Right it's tax.

What kills me is they act like they're doing you a favor for doing there job,which they don't even know how to do anyway's.

Now they have guns lovely just a matter of time before one of then shoots there toe off!

Reply to
Hammy

I know this is off topic but most people have to order semi's and

>cores and have likely had similar experiences. Hopefully Google >indexes it and they clean out the useless tit's at Canada customs >whose incompetence is probably costing this Country a fortune!! > >The calibre of your typical federal employee is pathetic. I'll give an >example I purchased some Ferrite cores from Coilcraft. The cores where >shipped to my house stating to either pay the duty myself or pay FEDEX >a fee to do it for me. I elected to pay myself, how hard can it be. So >begins my two hour saga at my local customs office (I live in a border >town) trying to pay my $8.22 duty.

Duty? You mean sales tax?

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

I thought "duty" was more like an import tax. Customs was the only recognized source of revenue for the Federal government.

Ah, don't we miss the good ol' days!

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Before the US civil war the only source of revenue for the Feds was land sales and customs tariffs (duty) (albeit typically at higher levels than today).

Empires don't come cheap.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Import and sales tax is the reason I never buy any of the interesting stuff I find on ebay if it is in the US. first I have to pay the postal service ~30$ to do the paperwork, then ~12% import tax on the price _including_ shipping, and then 25% sales tax on top of everything ...

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

Empire? 2/3rds of our money goes to bread and circuses.(*) Empires are cheaper.

(*) this year, 3/4ths (?)

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat