OT: EV Insurance Costs Soar!

Women and homos trying to appear to save the planet face *much* higher insurance costs:

The penny's finally dropping and when it's generally accepted that EVs can cause catastrophic fires which destroy entire car parks full of cars, EVs will be set back 10 years at least until some alternative to Lithium can be found.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Except - of course - that EV's don't cause catastrophic fires. Once you set an EV on fire, it's hard to put out., but any decent battery monitoring system can deliver early warning that a battery might be getting close to go into thermal runaway, and make it safe before it does.

Idiot owners can subvert that kind of system, but they also set internal combustion engined cars on fire.

The penny that's dropping is money being spent by the fossil carbon extraction industry on propaganda designed to keep up their cash flow for a few more years.

Cursitor Doom is either a gullible sucker for their propaganda or a paid shill for it.

It seems to work on car insurance companies too, but they are always grateful for ant excuse to jack up their rates.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

We have like 150 traffic fatalities a _day_ in the US, any hazard posed by cars themselves is a statistical nothing compared to the hazard posed by other drivers.

Rates have been going up across the board in the US lately, but my EV's rate is still very low compared with other drivers in my demographic who have gas cars with a similar MSRP.

I have a good credit (large factor in one's auto insurance rate here) and I don't talk on the phone/run stop signs/never use turn signals/tailgate constantly/generally drive like a f****ng d*****ad baby, which is a somewhat unusual quality in the US

Reply to
bitrex