OT: Dial-up problem

So far, each time i fiddle with the password i can get it to "reset" so that it will automatically logon the *first* time - but then reverts to blank password the second time. Same story if i make a second connectoid and fiddle with that.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Cannot find DUN14-SE.EXE on the M$ site. First i tried downloads - W - Windows 98 and got a list of 49 items some of which were for Xp and other UNRELATED items, but no DUN anything and no dialup stuff either. Then i tried their search (the box was right there, so..) using DUN14-SE for the search term; not found.

Reply to
Robert Baer

You're right. M$ tells all about the update, except where to get it.

Google search for dun14-se.exe and you'll find it somewhere. Here's one link i found:

I've had it installed before, but after the last time I reinstalled Win98SE, the DUN update wouldn't install again. I did use a hex editor to screw around with some Win98 files, so something I did probably interferes with dun14-se.exe now.

Reply to
Beryl

Oh, TackTech doesn't like someone to hot link their files. You'll have to use the download link in the notice.

Reply to
Beryl

dial-up

"remember

am

seem

typed

and

Try posting to "microsoft.public.win98.internet" for help on this = one.

Reply to
JosephKK

Finally got some time to look. Well, their links point to their site - just different pages. So why the stupid bitching?

Reply to
Robert Baer

The DUN14-SE.EXE demands a disk labeled 'NetMan Install', a few strangely-named DLLs each from a different source that is _not_ given. Despite this, i was able to find the first 2 or 3 items and was stuck at the next one - so i quit the "install" Reboot, and the stinking thing (shh...) w o r k s .

** Thanks.
Reply to
Robert Baer