OT: DDE Psipce

Jim,

My fresh VM of WIN7 64bit already has an association for .sch files. I points to schdpl32.exe, MS schedual+

I think you need to scan the registry for these extensions:

.sch .slb .mvl

And delete the entries. You'll find them in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT and HKEY_CURRENT USER You might want to delete all the keys tha have psched.exe in them too.

Then reinstall Pspice.

My demo does not over write associations so it never set up the .sch association. There may be an additional key that makes every thing work that did not get setup.

Martin Riddle

I haven't gone back and tried it yet, but I suspect what I need to do is NOT let AUTORUN. But open the DVD and select "run as administrator" for setup. ...Jim Thompson

Turning off autorun in all its forms is an essential basic Windows security measure.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I misspoke... I have autorun disabled, but I installed PSpice by clicking setup.exe... I should have right-clicked setup.exe ...Jim Thompson

MS has gotten as far as disabling autorun for usb stick and hard drives by default, but afaik it is still enabled for CDs and DVDs

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen