OT: Cost of the shutdown

Oh, my. The lefty loser is projecting again. Isn't it so cute! Maybe one day she'll grow up and learn something about the world around her.

One day she'll even grow out of being a Google groupie and stop polluting the NGs with Google nonsense (your damage intentionally left unsnipped above).

No, it is the intentional statement of a falsehood. If you have any intention of deceiving with your trash, you're dumber than even I give your credit for. You even lie about the definition of a lie.

You're lying, again.

LOL! Now you *are* intending to deceive. It doesn't work. You're too stupid to pull even that off.

You're lying again.

The only honest thing you've said today.

Of course you can. You truly are an idiot. Proof being is that you don't care about the mess you and your "wonderful" Google make of the Usenet. Typical lefty; spoiled, selfish, little kid.

Reply to
krw

t fund

close open

nding for

Democrats.

ll

s: The House of Representatives AND the Senate.

is

.

he

ment but not Obamacare" is false.

(since one never made it out of the Congress), Obama never signed any bill into law shutting down the government.

the Executive Branch, and therefore not Obama personally. So again - WRONG

-WRONG-WRONG. It is truly amazing how little you know.

to play this silly little game, wouldn't it be much more effective to claim that Obama violated federal law by re-opening the parks that the shutdown closed?!

It

t/

lueless.

e,

before simply parroting the Tea Party talking points.

intless, ineffective, and probably expensive. I'm not even sure how leavin g them open would run afoul of the Antideficiency Act. By "open", is meant "open but un-staffed", esp. the wide-open space parks like the Mall or the Grand Canyon.

amacare. Period. It got down to the wire and the House Republicans reluct antly agreed (or were forced) to pass a clean CR that re-opened the governm ent and left Obamacare largely intact.

tention to deceive, then a lie has not been committed.

whether I had an intention to deceive. Which I did not, in case you were w ondering.

d to know one when you see one.

est interests."

a damn thing you can do about it! HA!!! I'll bet that drive you Tea Party Whack-o's crazy that you can't control the whole world so that it fits ins ide your itty-bitty heads.

Did your little head explode again? I would love to stay and chat, but you're not worth the effort.

Reply to
mpm

That's silly. Government spending is a net loss to the economy, so sequesters and shutdowns are good.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation Picosecond-resolution Digital Delay and Pulse generators Custom timing and laser controllers Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links VME analog, thermocouple, LVDT, synchro, tachometer Multichannel arbitrary waveform generators

If the revenues are coming in and no spending happens, you would be correct.

However, many people got a tax holiday by not having the collectors on duty.

Do, spending still accrued ( like security for those closed buildings) without the revenue coming in.

Net loss.

I guess you did not read the article I posted.

From that article: Here?s a breakdown of some of the economic cost by our calculations:

About $3.1 billion in lost government services, according to the research firm IHS $152 million per day in lost travel spending, according to the U.S. Travel Association $76 million per day lost because of National Parks being shut down, according to the National Park Service $217 million per day in lost federal and contractor wages in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area alone

So, now that the government is open, those costs will start up again, and some will start over from the beginning.

Net loss.

Reply to
hamilton

Sadly, he's not. krw's working definition of "a lie" is "something that krw disagrees with". Since dictionaries don't refer stuff back to krw's state of mind, this is an unconventional, ideosyncratic and misleading definition.

A bizarre misconception. The Tea Party is looking out for stuff that will play well with people who are registered to vote in Republican primary elections.

Google is being unhelpful, but the mess it makes is manageable.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

1000 lines of Google droppings from the dumbass lefty, just to show what a dumbass lefty he is. What a dumbass.
Reply to
krw

Sadly, all you can do is lie, too, Slowman.

You're clueless, Slowman.

The mess makes it manageable? You're a mess but you're not manageable, Slowman. There is a reason you're unemployable.

Reply to
krw

The problem with that theory is that the money gets spent anyway. Everyone got paid, some twice.

Reply to
krw

Yes, but at least they are at home, not stopping real people from real work.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

te:

cted to know one when you see one.

krw disagrees with". Since dictionaries don't refer stuff back to krw's sta te of mind, this is an unconventional, ideosyncratic and misleading definit ion.

UR

l play well with people who are registered to vote in Republican primary el ections.

ot a damn thing you can do about it! HA!!! I'll bet that drive you Tea Pa rty Whack-o's crazy that you can't control the whole world so that it fits inside your itty-bitty heads.

don't care about the mess you and your "wonderful" Google make of the Usen et. Typical lefty; spoiled, selfish, little kid.

I've just edited out all the extra lines Google had added to your post. The y'll put in a new set as soon as I hit post, but it keeps the proliferation under control. Something I've been doing regularly since they messed up th e posting options. You can't be bothered to make that effort.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

te:

n-cost-the-economy/

So nothing that the National Bureau of Standards does is worth anything, be cause they are paid by the government? None of your instrument calibrations is referred back to them?

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Now, do it for all of your posts or figure out how to use a real news service, ya' lazy bum.

Reply to
krw

e:

me... >> >

They'll put in a new set as soon as I hit post, but it keeps the proliferat ion under control. Something I've been doing regularly since they messed up the posting options. You can't be bothered to make that effort.

I was using Forte for a bit, but Google worked better for me, despite the e xtra labour of cleaning out the extra lines. I've used a variety of new ser vers since I first started posting here in 1996. Thunderbird worked fine wi th Forte.

As usual, pretty much everything in the line and half you posted was wrong.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

But screws up everyone else. Typical leftist.

...except you don't.

Then USE IT, bum!

OK, you know how to do things properly but like all good leftists, doing things properly is for the other guy. Arrogant, lazy, bum.

Reply to
krw

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Arguing over the debt ceiling is like arguing over your credit card limit after the credit card company calls to say you are over your limit. The problem isn't the debt limit, it is the spending! Refusing to raise the debt ceiling is just a way to end up with some really big over limit charges for *all* of us.

--

Rick
Reply to

So you advocate that the person who has just exceeded his card's debt limit, raise that debt limit and get another card? Endlessly? Figures.

Reply to
krw

wn-cost-the-economy/

bate into February when the 2014 campaign begins. If Obama had his way, the debt ceiling would have been raised immediately for a year or more to avoi d discussion during the campaign. The coming campaign should be interesting .

The money hasn't been spent--that would be illegal. Barack's not allowed to spend more than his credit card limit. Not that that stops him...

Obama and Reid shut down the gov't anyhow. The House compromised to funding the gov't AND DemOcare, as long as Congress had to be on it. BHO just stomped his foot and said no. And blocked the parks.

But, if you think gov't spending creates jobs, why not start a war, spend a bundle? Have the Air Force bomb a few cities? Maybe even ours--then we'd get the reconstruction contracts too. WEALTHSHARE!

Imagine all the jobs^H^H^H^H!

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

He did. The debt went up $380B the Thursday after the government "reopened". That, of course, is debt that Barry has been playing "hide the weenie" with.

Closed the grass, *except* to his buddies.

Burn down a city every month. Can't do Detroit or Chicago. They're already toast.

...in all of the 57 states.

Reply to
krw

Who trashed it.

"Roast and Change"

Yep. My bad, BTW--"jobs" only has three letters.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat