OT: Cost of the shutdown

HEY krw,

Found a picture of you:

hamilton

Why do you start with a lie?

Fact: Congress passed to fund the government but not Obamacare.

Fact: Obama and the Democrats decided to Shut Down Government but fund Obamacare.

Fact: Obama decided to spend extra money during the shutdown to close open air WWII monument, parks and Mt Rushmore. Republicans passed funding for these things Obama closed but they were denied by Obama and the Democrats.

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

You oppose those who are more knowledgeable in science?

A finding in a study on the relationship between science literacy and political ideology surprised the Yale professor behind it: Tea party members know more science than non-tea partiers.

Yale law professor Dan Kahan posted on his blog this week that he analyzed the responses of more than 2,000 American adults recruited for another study and found that, on average, people who leaned liberal were more science literate than those who leaned conservative.

However, those who identified as part of the tea party movement were actually better versed in science than those who didn?t, Kahan found. The findings met the conventional threshold of statistical significance, the professor said.

Kahan wrote that not only did the findings surprise him, they embarrassed him.

?I?ve got to confess, though, I found this result surprising. As I pushed the button to run the analysis on my computer, I fully expected I?d be shown a modest negative correlation between identifying with the Tea Party and science comprehension,? Kahan wrote.

Read more:

And..

RogerN

Um, any why do YOU start with lies?

The US Congress is a bicameral legislature consisting of two houses: The House of Representatives AND the Senate.

The House approved bills defunding "Obamacare". The Senate did not. Therefore, your statement that "Congress passed to fund the government but not Obamacare" is false.

Furthermore, Obama was never presented a bill defunding Obamacare (since one never made it out of the Congress), Obama never signed any bill into law shutting down the government.

Finally, the Congress appropriates money for national parks - not the Executive Branch, and therefore not Obama personally. So again - WRONG-WRONG-WRONG. It is truly amazing how little you know.

And whoop-dee-doo about the parks anyway. Even if you were going to play this silly little game, wouldn't it be much more effective to claim that Obama violated federal law by re-opening the parks that the shutdown closed?!

Here's a quick link to get you started:

Normally, I wouldn't even bother to educate someone who seems so clueless. But maybe you're just ignorant, and not plain Whack-O.

Ignorance you can fix... with some actual facts. (Whack-O goes clean to the bone.) :)

Either way, you really should get your so-called "facts" straight before simply parroting the Tea Party talking points.

Reply to
mpm

Another Tea Bagger ?

Reply to
hamilton

Does this make you feel better about your self ?

Reply to
hamilton

ers

udy

he

shed

shown

BiqRmAM

entific-knowledge/

Case in point: Your own words...

So, which is it? Tea Partiers are liberals, now? - or are you just having trouble expressing your thoughts? So much for all that god-given scientifi c Tea Party affiliation-based superiority.

Even correcting for your glaring comprehension errors and subsequent parrot ing, the article itself demonstrates no causal relationship with party affi liation. (and to the extent it tries, the variation seems minimal to me). Put another way, one could be just a clueless about science as they might be about true Tea Party member characteristics. To separate one from the o ther seems like a pointless exercise to me.

Reply to
mpm

You know.....

Just as krw has left the .umm... discussion, RogerN shows up ?!?!

Why is that ?

Reply to
hamilton

I didn't write it but at least I'm smart enough to understand it and evidently you are not. Not all that consider themselves conservatives are "Tea Partiers", those that are "Tea Partiers" are more literate in science than liberals and non-Tea Party conservatives as a group. That doesn't mean that everyone in the Tea Party is more science literate than everyone not in the Tea Party, it just means that those on the left trying to portray Tea Partiers as uneducated rubes are liars.

Reply to
RogerN

Were the people of the house of representatives congressmen or senators? So to use the proper terms, that don't change the point of Hamilton's lies, who shut the government down, or anything else relevant to the post, the House of representatives passed to fund the government but not Obamacare, can you understand it better now? But still... The Democratic controlled Senate caused the shutdown because they and Obama refused anything other than total dictatorship.

Because he told them he would accept nothing infringing on his complete and total dictatorship.

Mt Rushmore and the WWII Memorial are not in buildings that have to be opened and staffed. People have to do extra work, extra money has to be spent for barricades and those to keep people out of the open areas. They had to make an extra effort to close things that are open.

So far the only thing you shown me is that I should have used "House" instead of "Congress", other than that everything else I wrote was correct.

Good, we'll be waiting for you to come around then!

OK, I admit I was wrong calling the action of congressmen "Congress" instead of the "House", other than that, I was right on.

Tea party? The ones that are more scientifically literate than liberals and ordinary conservatives? That Tea Party?

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

I just stopped by and seen another blaming Republicans for what the Democrats did.

Do you agree with Obama?

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

I can tell that it excites you to think so, Hammie.

There may be, but since he asked the question I was asking his, dumbshit.

You really are an idiot, but there is nothing new here.

Reply to
krw

You lefties really are as illiterate as you're accused of being.

Reply to
krw

You're lying again, but we all knew that, right?! You're a lefty. That's all you're capable of.

Reply to
krw

It's a lefty can do. They have no facts so just make shit up.

Sure, but lefties are all impervious to facts.

Reply to
krw

He didn't state *ONE* lie, which makes you the liar. Lefties are all liars.

The house passed the bills, as is their obligation under the Constitution. The Senate Democrats (Harry Reid) refused to act, as is their Constitutional obligation. The Senate Democrats therefore closed the government. The Executive branch (Milhouse Obama) unilaterally closed the parks (except for his constituents).

IOW, you're a damned liar.

The Senate Democrats (Harry Reid) refused to even consider them. The Senate didn't even vote on them, or pass an alternative.

You are such a liar.

You really are a dumbshit liar. Congress Senate.

Of course not, the Democrats refused to negotiate the issues.

You really are a dumbshit.

Parks? How about the mall, which is nothing more than grassland. It took more money to close it than to leave it alone.

You really are stupid!

You really should start with yourself but you'd have to first admit that you're a damned liar.

It doesn't help lefties. Of course the ones, who do by some miracle, do get educated, become conservatives or at least libertarians.

You would know.

What would you know about "facts", idiot?

Reply to
krw

open

for

ats.

e House of Representatives AND the Senate.

ut not Obamacare" is false.

one never made it out of the Congress), Obama never signed any bill into l aw shutting down the government.

ecutive Branch, and therefore not Obama personally. So again - WRONG-WRONG

-WRONG. It is truly amazing how little you know.

y this silly little game, wouldn't it be much more effective to claim that Obama violated federal law by re-opening the parks that the shutdown closed ?!

s.

simply parroting the Tea Party talking points.

I actually agree with you that shutting down the parks was stupid, pointles s, ineffective, and probably expensive. I'm not even sure how leaving them open would run afoul of the Antideficiency Act. By "open", is meant "open but un-staffed", esp. the wide-open space parks like the Mall or the Grand Canyon.

The remainder of your reply isn't worth rebutting. The Congress could not agree to pass a spending bill that defunded Obamacar e. Period. It got down to the wire and the House Republicans reluctantly agreed (or were forced) to pass a clean CR that re-opened the government an d left Obamacare largely intact.

Reply to
mpm

If the Bush family did not have their tax cuts, things would have been different:

Bush Jr did his tax cuts because he and the GOP knew they were not going to get the White House in 2009.

So he and the GOP gave away tax cuts for their cronies before the Dems got back in the White House.

This is like poisoning the well, so the next administration coming along will have no choice but to raise taxes.

But the Dems could not raise taxes because of the banking crisis.

Also orchestrated but the thieves of wall street.

Look at the numbers in that chart, those numbers came out of the GAO.

but you won't.

Go bury your head in the sand again.

Reply to
hamilton

But it's the Community Organizer in Chief's way. It never happened in the 17 "shutdowns" that came before.

A sure sign of defeat. You can't defend your own points. Figures.

(You can't even post properly, so that's not unexpected.)

An issue directly caused by the Democrats, which your blindness refuses to see. RogerN was absolutely correct. You were lying and now won't even defend your lies. Typical lefty scum.

Reply to
krw

und

se open

ng for

ocrats.

The House of Representatives AND the Senate.

t but not Obamacare" is false.

nce one never made it out of the Congress), Obama never signed any bill int o law shutting down the government.

Executive Branch, and therefore not Obama personally. So again - WRONG-WR ONG-WRONG. It is truly amazing how little you know.

play this silly little game, wouldn't it be much more effective to claim th at Obama violated federal law by re-opening the parks that the shutdown clo sed?!

less.

ore simply parroting the Tea Party talking points.

less, ineffective, and probably expensive. I'm not even sure how leaving t hem open would run afoul of the Antideficiency Act. By "open", is meant "o pen but un-staffed", esp. the wide-open space parks like the Mall or the Gr and Canyon.

care. Period. It got down to the wire and the House Republicans reluctant ly agreed (or were forced) to pass a clean CR that re-opened the government and left Obamacare largely intact.

Nanny-nanny-boo-boo. You are such a child.

Technically, a lie must include an intention to deceive. If one merely tells a falsehood (or even a partial truth) without the inten tion to deceive, then a lie has not been committed.

Of course, everything I posted is factually accurate, so it matters not whe ther I had an intention to deceive. Which I did not, in case you were wond ering.

But since you don't even know what a lie is, you can't really be expected t o know one when you see one.

Here's one to get you started: "The Tea Party is looking out for YOUR best interests."

And what's with your high and mighty post criteria? I can post any way I want (Google Groups or otherwise), and there's not a d amn thing you can do about it! HA!!! I'll bet that drive you Tea Party Wh ack-o's crazy that you can't control the whole world so that it fits inside your itty-bitty heads.

Reply to
mpm