OT: Cinnamon or Oregano?

For no discernable reason, MS Frontpage 2003 has stopped working on this computer. (I did nothing to cause it. I swear.)

Uninstalling and Re-installing, rebooting, etc... does not help. The original disc loads and runs just fine on other machines. (I checked.)

But not on this PC... Installer seems to work fine, but Frontpage itself hangs every single time.

Perfect!!... (Venting!)

So I'm sitting here wondering what secret herbs & spices I need to rub on the keyboard today to get this back to working order - the way it has worked for years, up until this morning. :(

And people wonder why I consider "Information Technology" and "Software Development" the janitorial work of Engineering..... (Or BBQ-ing??)

Reply to
mpm

Ewww, Frontpage! I've seen some truely wretched pages created with that thing. Tables that occupy hardly a screen, yet manage 80kB+ file size.

Not desperate enough to hand write it? Real men use Notepad (real Real men use little switches in binary or hex, but that's a little too slow). I know HTML 4 sufficiently, so what can I say.

Tim

Tim Williams

Fresh garlic and use sulphur candles, Penta Gone brand are the best for Vista, and they kill the bugs in the keyboard

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

Apparently your computer has clued up. ;-)

Good! Let sleeping dogs lie!

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

Tried a file evacuation and re-installing the OS (and Frontpage)?

What OS, anyway? Vista?

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

On Jul 28, 4:11=EF=BF=BDpm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Oh No. Not reinstalling the OS.!!! Will do it by hand (or on another machine first).

Windows XP Home Edition SP-2

Reply to
mpm

Try system restore, it backdates all the mistakes

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

(Or

In case anybody cares, or gets here via Google, it turns out the problem was a PDF plug-in. The problem reared its head in Excel and Word the other day, and I was able to take it out.

Evidently, I should have used the whole spice rack for this one...

Reply to
mpm