OT: Chinese carburetors

James Arthur wrote in news:V3Dol.1223$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrddc02.gnilink.net:

"Warp drive ... ENGAGE!" that's when the Honda VTEC motor on my Integra GS-R got "on the cam" and roared! Hit about 4500 rpm and Whoosh,away you go...

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I know it well--I have an Integra !

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

I wore a nice little red one out completely. One of the better cars I've owned.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

James Arthur wrote in news:GVXol.1399$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrddc02.gnilink.net:

I -used to-,until it was stolen,stripped and torched 29 June 07.

Guard yours well. If possible remove the ECU every night,unless you keep it garaged.

Too bad Honda/Acura doesn't presently make any cars I want. They should bring back the Prelude.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I might buy a Fit or a hatchback of some sort. But not for a while, methinks.

James

Reply to
James Arthur

My Civic hatchback was great. The Acura is sleeker, but I miss the Honda's (mechanical) simplicity and cargo space.

The Acura's very good and has given long, reliable service. It's amazing what those guys could do with rubber and steel.

Hopefully mine has a few more years yet.

Best, James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

My brand new nissan navara (frontier?) turns the aircon off automagically when the going gets to tough. Was chuggin through a whole bunch of really soft sand last year in about 35degC thinging that the interior was getting quite warm. Took me a few times to figure out the the aircon compressor clutch disengaged when the car engine gets to a certain temp.

Reply to
The Real Andy

Never noticed that on my Frontier but, in Arizona, most vehicles come with over-sized cooling systems as standard equipment.

...Jim Thompson

With all this hope and change, all you need is a dab of mayonaisse
and you\'ll have a tasty lunch on which you will choke to death.