OT: Cellphone Telemarketing

For all of you living in countries with sane administrations (i.e. not the USA) and good things like caller pays cell phone plans, please ignore.

I have received some e-mail from a few sources informing me that our beloved FCC is getting ready to allow telemarketing calls to cell phones. Perhaps this is just a hoax someone started. Right?

After all, the FCC can't be THAT stupid.

Then again, they did try that broadcast flag nonsense.

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

There is some other stuff (in Google News) about this being a hoax. But then again, it may have some basis in fact. There are several attempts to put together cell phone directories, or phone directories that don't differentiate between land line and cell phone numbers (some people don't have land lines and want to be listed).

That's another possibility. Apparantly, the 'Do Not Call' database has been swamped recently due to this rumor. You think they are getting the message?

Real programmers don\'t draw flowcharts.  Flowcharts are, after all, the
illiterate\'s form of documentation.  Cavemen drew flowcharts; look how
much good it did them.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

What are your sources' sources? Perhaps this addresses your concerns:

It's not about not being stupid (I believe such organizations intrinsically have no intelligence), it's about seeing if a trial balloon gets shot down.

-----

Ben Bradley

"Paul Hovnanian P.E." wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@Hovnanian.com:

They just recently added cellphones to the do-not-call registration list. Did you put your CP numbers on it? I did.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

"Paul Hovnanian P.E." wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@Hovnanian.com:

I suggested that they make an "OK-to-call" list instead of a "do-not-call" list,it would be FAR shorter and easier to maintain. One would have to register in order to -receive- telemarking calls.B-)

All others would be verboten.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Yes. Even if the current rumor is a hoax, I think its better to be safe than sorry.

If you\'re not part of the solution, you\'re part of the precipitate.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.