OT: California and Arizona Are Worst Managed States in America

When I decided to leave New Orleans and start my life over, I researched America for about 8 months. I traveled all over, Vermont to SoCal (mostly for expenses-paid interviews), subscribed to newspapers, read bools about waterfalls and ski areas and pollen counts, did my homework. I decided that it would be San Francisco or Portland. I visited SF, had some good experiences, and picked here. I felt more at-home here the day that I arrived than I ever felt in New Orleans.

I like waterfalls. Does Texas have any?

I've spent a fair amount of time in Texas, Austin and Houston and Galveston. It's OK, lots of nice people, but California is physically spectacular and has better weather. And, in my opinion, better women.

Tastes vary. Sure CA is expensive, but there are great opportunities here too. And lots of cheap or free things to do.

Yup. Cheap, low-skill labor hurts the working class and benefits the rich. Our immigration policies, and our tax policies, are increasing the wealth disparity in the USA. Some of this is by design.

---------------------------------------------------------^^^^^^

$3G7 ? Or $3.7G, if you like that better. ;-)

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen

Oh, avoid that debate and just round off the the nearest billion. Or at the Federal level, the nearest trillion.

Yep- well they predate you and were considerably better established than you were at the time. It was the era of rapid real estate development taking place in the Scottsdale area.

Yeah, well these people were AuH2O all the way, if you remember that slogan.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

It wasn't meant to be. He was interviewed on a national TV news program a hour ago where he stated that he was doing what I said. It takes time to recruit, and investigate volunteers when you're taking about 400 people.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

California is falling apart in infrastructure due to all the entitlement spending.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk