OT: Better sleep with colored LEDs?

Yeah. At UCSB, they 'had' a campus wide distribution system, using balanced twinax, that could distribute full basband video to most of the buildings on campus. It was amazing what that could look like projected on a twenty foot screen with a high resolution video projector.

Of course, it was replaced by fiber and a digital (9 bit) distribution system... :-(

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

But everyone at UCB is partying, so would anyone notice ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

On a sunny day (Tue, 17 Feb 2009 14:31:39 -0500) it happened "Michael A. Terrell" wrote in :

Well, and I thought only BBC had 4 tube cameras?

Anyways we had 3 tube cameras with plumbicons. 'whatever you want to spend time on' explains the complains here about quality of US TeeVee perhaps :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Not that I thought they did even though they were more expensive - I never saw analog color broadcast on a home TV of any kind look really great.

I was talking about what I saw in people's homes on color TVs - NTSC.

That explains stuff, though I thought they worked out luminnce and color info sharing part of a channel - lines in the field get color noise that is opposite that from previous tracing of the line or something like that. I remember looking for this with a magnifying glass several years ago when I heard of this, and saw it.

Don Klipstein

became too dim to put up

almost a year I

dark.... for good.

as hens' teeth and

and buy because 4:3

was *so* right.

for pretty cheap.

stare at as Trinitrons

Each to their own. I despise Trinitrons, the color smear always bothers me. For a while i saw some other brands that put some zigzag to the color rows but they disappeared. My current LCD displays are fine enough pitch that it does not bother me. Though if i look i can still see it.

Reply to
JosephKK

up and buy because 4:3

pleasant.

format 16:10 allows for wide screen movies too.

any technical stuff the LCD wins.

color drift.

Since you use linux please take a look at the "noof" screen saver at various rates. I can get various interesting visual side effects of the frame rate. My LCD is 1920 x 1280, and i really like it.

Reply to
JosephKK