OT: Better sleep with colored LEDs?

Better sleep with colored LEDs?

I put the LED strips in the bedroom, and selected real nice purple pink color red 255, green 12, blue 255, on a scale of 0-255 for luminance, and had a very good night sleep. I usually sleep good, but this was very good. I did notice the same combination of colors with smaller LEDs had the same effect. probably imagination... Or overrules external light fluctuations from traffic .. Or imitation of light as perceived in the mothers womb? Pick you choice. Probably it will be proven wrong if I cannot sleep one day with these things on.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

olor

I can go to sleep with my red/red-orange strings on low (pictured: full power at home) but I prefer it dark anyway.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Williams

On a sunny day (Thu, 12 Feb 2009 13:40:57 -0800 (PST)) it happened Tim Williams wrote in :

That is impressive. I just added some code to my qualiser, this one:

so it sends commands to col_pic, this one:

Then new code in xpequ gets the peak values for the 125 Hz, 1000Hz, and 8kHz filter, and sends it as RnnnLF GnnLF and BnnnLF to col_pic. Now if you play music you get this: ftp://panteltje.com/pub/xpequ_equaliser_col_pic_RGB_LED_strips.avi Had to mute the sound, copyright you know...

It is just a quick hack while I was watching Riddick (yes). This can be done much better. Disco-light, memories from the seventies, then colored light bulbs were used.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

"Jan Panteltje" a écrit dans le message de news:gn29r6$27n$ snipped-for-privacy@news.datemas.de...

What? You don't turn your Tesla coils on before going to sleep?

-- Thanks, Fred.

Reply to
Fred_Bartoli

Are you crazy? That will cause another ice age! It'll be so cold that Sloman can't type his AGW crap. Oh. Nevermind, carry on!

aioe.org, Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I will not see your messages.

If you have broadband, your ISP may have a NNTP news server included in your account:

There are two kinds of people on this earth: The crazy, and the insane. The first sign of insanity is denying that you're crazy.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

color

I thought I was the last person on the planet using a CRT.

Reply to
miso

color

Not yet. I gave away five today to different people, and more are supposed to be picked up tomorrow. It was time to thin the herd a little.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

color

No, unfortunately, I still have two (17", no less) at work.

Reply to
krw

re

Accidental double entendre' ?

Thinning the heard of monitors at your house?

Thinning the heard of people by giving them Cathode ray Tubes?

LOL

Reply to
Greegor

effect.

on.

Reply to
randallchaas

My home workstation has a 17" CRT. My spare monitor under my "computer desk" is a 15" CRT.

When the 17" CRT kicks the bucket I will get something more modern...

Maybe within a couple years anyway to reduce monitor power consumption by maybe 40-50 watts, since between my boyfriend and myself (both major computer and internet junkies) that could amount to about 8-9 KWH per month or $13-$15 annual difference in electric bill in a Philadelphia suburb in Pennsylvania, likely to take a big jump within a couple years.

Don Klipstein

I currently have over 100 spare SVGA monitors, and the 'herd' was eating way too much space. Most are 17" or larger.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I
will not see your messages.

Michael A. Terrell

I have a 15" too. ...on my laptop. It also has a 24" LCD as the second monitor. Dinky monitors are just dumb for professionals, though sometimes cash trumps smart.

The difference in power consumption is only important for a leftist loser (AKA, weenie). Productivity and even space are *far* more important than that little difference.

Reply to
krw

pink color

re

Amazing that for accurate color, nothing can touch a CRT. CRT technology is very over a century old. That is a hell of a run.

Reply to
miso

I still have some CRTs at work. 2 are on the pick and place machines. The third, a 19", is on my main pc for CAD and colour rendition. My main pc also has a 24" lcd in portrait mode for text apps such as Word, pdfs and programming.

The kids have a crt on one of their pcs so that they can still play some of their older games which need different screen resolutions.

I care about dissipation and therefore power consumption. Like most small businesses in the UK we don't have air conditioning.

Reply to
Raveninghorde

My HP1130 22" CRT monitor died a few weeks ago. It would do 2048 *

1536 resolution, and had two video inputs. Excellent video.

As a former broadcast engineer, it was amazing the video quality you could get with NTSC in the studio, only to have it turned to crap with cheap imported TV sets. A good $14,000 set of matched plumicons, with a

45,000 lens on a 20 year old RCA TK46A studio camera, fed to a $7,000 triangular-dot studio monitor could take your breath away. Enter digital studio cameras, and it looked as bad in the studio as it did in the viewer's homes.
--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I
will not see your messages.

Michael A. Terrell

Gnaw...

I'm too cheap for a new LCD, plus they're all wide format and I don't want wide format, plus I luuurve my Trinitron.

In that picture is some SVGA abomination with an awful fisheyed barrel shape to the front -- compared to the near flat sharpness of this monitor that is! :-) Only goes up to 1280x960, too... I feel claustrophobic using that!

Here's what I usually use, in place actually... I'm at school obviously...

1600x1200, and 19" (or is it 21") viewing space. And heavy as a mofo, but that's how you know it's good... that's why all good tube amps weigh a ton you know. :-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim Williams

When I bought my current 22" CRT, an LCD display with the same specs cost around five times the price.

As an added bonus: if I ever get burgled, the monitor will most likely get left behind.

Reply to
Nobody

Or you can drop it out the window on the perp, before he can get away. No way he would survive that!

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I
will not see your messages.

Michael A. Terrell

Except that would require me to actually lift the monitor. Had I chosen a career involving heavy lifting, this might be realistic, but having spent most of the last 25 years sat at a desk, it isn't.

Reply to
Nobody