OT: Best Anti-virus Software

Besides, if you're after easy money, why would you target folks who can't afford $139 for Windows 7?

;-)

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany wrote:

Cute, but it ignores the fact that the majority of exploits are for turning a Windoze box into a spambot. It appears the real money is still in illicit advertising.

Reply to
JeffM

That was me, Gerhard, not Mike.

Yes, when there's a bigger table with more money and less armaments right next to it.

Hey, you are preaching to the choir. I've run Unix since V6 on the PDP11/40e, the LSI11/23 (V6 is much earlier than Sytem5) and then on the ALR Fastboard/286, Munix on 68020s, Sinix on NSC 16032, always building hardware and writing drivers for it. Moved on to Linux when I saw it was time for a change. The change was not that big.

Not me. I've got a HP41 clone and Oruxmap on my HTC Desire, with locally stored maps since I'll soon spend some time in Nepal and/or Tibet where the connection to Google may fail. That's it. No, there is a lot of music on the chip card, too.

:-)

regards, Gerhard

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

Dumb... Windows 7 does not have the vulnerability!

Cute indeed!

Reply to
Hellequin

Windows 7 does not have the vulnerability yet..

(no one has found a exploit yet is not the same as it won't happen)

Reply to
David Eather

While i very seriously doubt that Win7 has no vulnerabilities (ridiculous given the vendor), but at least they are finally learning that there IS a problem. Kind of like they finally learned that networking and Internet were valuable.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Just toss this at any search engine

windows 7 exploits

and find many already exist.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Sorry, dumbass, but I do not run IE, so you lose.

Then there is that thing where nearly every one you list has been 'fixed' and are no longer even valid.

The search reveals many such "listings", yet a twit like you counts.

No intelligent man would call it counting, or call you able to figure out what to count.

Reply to
Hellequin