OT: Anyone know a good hotel in Sunnyvale (Moffett Field)?

Hello,

Got to go again. Free web access would be nice. Usually I stay at Fairfield Inns or Courtyards but none there. Shouldn't be Ritz-Carlton price range but also not in a seedy part of town ;-)

Does anyone remember a good hotel there?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Is there a non-seedy part of Sunnyvale ?:-)

This one is not too bad...

Maple Tree Inn

711 El Camino Real, Sunnyvale, CA 94087. Phone is 1-800-423-0243

...Jim Thompson

Joerg wrote in news:VoI%j.2816 $ snipped-for-privacy@flpi148.ffdc.sbc.com:

I've had good luck with the County Inn, Leong Drive, Mountain View. Right on top of the base, and I was pointed at the place by my NASA collaborators. Clean rooms, never a problem, and down the street from the main drag in Mountain View. Haven't stayed there in some years, so info might be dated.

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply

:-)

The area around Maude Avenue is pretty nice.

Thanks! I saw it but had no idea whether it's good. Location looks fine, $129 or $109 on "manager special" whatever that means. And they have web access. Cool.

When I checked around I saw one hotel (Quality Inn) that still offered smoking rooms. I didn't think that was possible in CA. But I don't need that anyhow.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Thanks, Scott.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Scott Seidman wrote in news:Xns9AADDA718C3A7scottseidmanmindspri@130.133.1.4:

As a note, if you have base business, be sure to ask if there's a government rate they could give you.

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply

Thanks. I'll try the Maple Tree first and if they don't have a room I'll call the County Inn. Pricing is similar. Always good to hear from people who were actually there.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Joerg wrote in news:sLI%j.3033 $ snipped-for-privacy@nlpi070.nbdc.sbc.com:

County Inn seems to offer smoking rooms, High speed internet, about $80- $90/night

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply

I always look at Trip Advisor first to get real reviews:

Very rarely lets me down.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones