Sunnyvale

I'm in Sunnyvale, Sunday evening thru Tuesday afternoon.

Lodging at Maple Tree Inn.

If that's in any of you lurkers stomping grounds, give me a call.

Possibly, but can't guarantee, that I'll have some sipping time available.

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

San Francisco's not far away!

John

I know ;-)

But I'm without wheels due to my leg problems... which are in repair... more details later... the L5 nerve is a remarkable thing ;-)

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

OK, I can drive, if you'll buy me a beer.

John

I'll fly up there, rent us a car, and take you to a movie if you'll buy ME a beer.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

So you're wheelchair-bound, is that it?

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Nope. Just hobbling along on muscles that had atrophied from disuse as I favored my right leg to avoid pain in the left.

Problem turned out to be L3-L4, L4-L5, and L5-S1 disc protrusions.

Had two epidural steroid injections which finally knocked the inflammation down.

Now I'm in physical therapy to rebuild the left leg.

I'm actually doing pretty well... I can almost walk in a straight line now ;-)

I'm not driving due to some remanent cramping which can double me up without prior notice :-(

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

OK! Call first... I have no idea of my availability yet.

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Right- well if something is painful or hard, that means you need to work it. I don't exactly know what disc protrusions are but it has to be painful.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Old buildings? Dead steel mills? High humidity ?:-)

Not all that far to Pittsburgh, whose downtown is nicely restored.

Actually I have a dentist friend who's originally from Wheeling. I'll inquire.

I'm not a beer person, but there are several boutique wineries in Old Town Chandler.

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

When i went back to my home ground in Palo Alto, i noticed a number of BS signs on/by the traffic lights, similar to "$347 fine for running red light", and they all seemed to have a different $ number and (naturally) the cops do not give a shit and if any showed up would never stoop to do any work unless the speed demon ran into them. Is the same BS in Sunnyvale?

Reply to
Robert Baer

I don't know whether passenger trains go thru there anymore but, when I was a kid, the train ran alongside the river bed at the bottom of New River Gorge.... fabulous scenery!

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

They are not BS, they are photo enforcement systems and they will dog you a bit if you run a red light there. It will go on your driving record. They have caused major embarrassment of several politicians (by proving they were not where where they said they were).

They are generally installed at "problem" intersections, so that the city / county / etc., can also profit from from the fines involved. They are usually installed by private companies who get a "piece of he action" for several years to pay for the installation and processing.

--
 JosephKK
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to