OT: Alkaline Battery Crud

go

Way back, there was a place in Pittsburgh. Walk in, highly unorganized. I also used to go to a place in riverside, ca. Also a walk in.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

the

I go

Most of those are long gone, like Radio Row in New York. It was torn down to build the World Trade Center. Some would mail crudely typed & photocopied sales flyers, or tiny catlogs printed on newsprint to do mail order.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

them

the

I go

When I was a kid I went to one of those surplus places-- I think it was on Canal St. and you had to go up a freight elevator or something like that. I was a LONG time ago.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

I learned about them from old electronics magazines, back in the days of Poly Paks, Edlie Electronics, and B&F Surplus. There was a huge mail order surplus dealer with lots of military & early computer stuff, but it went out of business in the '70s and I can't think of the name.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell