Optimum size for Chassis Shield?

Hi,

I need to build a metal chassis to shield a circuit board from external noise. Is it better to build a shielded chassis that is just slightly bigger than the circuit board or does "bigger the better" rule in such a case?

Thanks, Paul L.

Reply to
Paul

My intuitive thought, backed up by observation, is as small and close as possible to whatever you are shielding.

Lots of black magic involved. If you don't have the theory, it's best to find a working piece of equipment similar to yours and do it the same way they did.

Reply to
Jim Stewart