Optics

I created a simple 10mW IR laser but need some decent optics to focus the beam for longer range. Does anyone know where I could purchase optics for such things(at decent prices). It doesn't have to particularly fancy. The lenses by themselves would work just fine too.

Reply to
George Jefferson

What wavelength? Lots of glass doesn't transmit to well in the IR. (First prototype of optical pumping... 795nm. had big cheap lenses, Got a factor of 5 or so in signal just by changing glass... that was a very nice surprise.) Thor labs has reasonable prices. If you are talking more than a few pieces there are lots of Chinese optics houses. I=92ve had no complaints with Red Optronics.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

You might try

They do seem to have a fairly comprehensive catalogue.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman