Opinion on instrumentation

I'd be ashamed to ship.

Yes, I'd at least tell the _paying customer_ something.. even if it was not what they asked.

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

On a sunny day (Sat, 16 Jan 2016 13:43:09 -0500) it happened Spehro Pefhany wrote in :

I dunno, many have been brain modified into thinking it _has_ to be a peeseebee. I'd rather do a moon return with a wired system that works, than get lost there with a peeseebee. But.. I did not see it, maybe post a picture?

mm yes, if paying customer, I get very funny requests sometimes for open source software I wrote. that would be half a lifetime to implement, and indicate the person asking needs the clue. I such a case I remain silent. You have the right to ramain silent, or in shorter words: shut up. :-)

^ Note smiley added.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Sat, 16 Jan 2016 13:43:09 -0500) it happened Spehro Pefhany wrote in :

I dunno, many have been brain modified into thinking it _has_ to be a peeseebee. I'd rather do a moon return with a wired system that works, than get lost there with a peeseebee. But.. I did not see it, maybe post a picture?

PS regarding the 'wiring', I had considerable problems with the 3 axis compass in the Raspi. You do not say what sensitivity you want, or what accuracy, but pls consider that a 10 cm away wire with 100 mA DC will completely change your reading. (As a compass needle would move if you put a current carrying wire near to it). Now imagine that in 3D. It is quite possible those guys were aiming at zero interference by moving wires in the right place, or at least so they compensate each other.

Without that 1 degree accuracy cannot even be attained. There is also some info on peeseebee layout required in teh datasheets of these mag modules. No tracks under it! etc etc...

I should move the thing away from the Raspi, although now it is usable.

That is where the clue part comes in. (no smiley).

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

PS2 It reminded me of that guy who opened his transistor radio and said: The idiots, all those black screws were lose, and tightened them all.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Sometimes the screws are shiny nickel plated brass. Especially in tube radios.

--
Grizzly H.
Reply to

Or the motorcycle mechanic at a branded service location somewhere in S.E. Asia: "Your headlight was loose so I tightened the (height adjustment!) screw." :)

joe

Reply to
Joe Hey

Maybe someone should teach them about twisted wire then?

joe

Reply to
Joe Hey