Opamp wanted

I need a single/dual opamp for an audio buffer stage in a DIP-8 package. Pinout is flexible, supply is +/- 18V. It has a drive capability similar to NE5534/5532, but with FET input. Availability from Digikey or Mouser and low cost a plus.

Suggestions? TIA.

Regards, b B

Reply to
Bearplug Bearplug Bearplug

"Bearplug Bearplug Bearplug"

** All 8 pin DIL dual op-amps use the same pin out.

** A supply of +/- 18 volts is really too high for most op-amps - particularly the NE5534 /32 types.

Life will be short if you insist on that voltage.

The TL072 meets the spec you posted.

What do YOU imagine is so special about the " drive capability " of the

5534 or 5532 ??

Audiophool bullshit aside.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Date: Mon, Sep 7, 2009, 8:37pm (PDT+17) From: phil snipped-for-privacy@tpg.com.au (Phil=A0Allison)

I see it routinely used. Don't know about mortality data. Anyhow, I'm trying to avoid the 5534/32. The opamp in this spot is a non-inverting buffer fed by a 50K pot. I'd like to not load down the pot, and avoid an input cap.

It'd be fine, except the 5534/32 is spec'd for 10V out into much lower loads. The one in question is a tone control network with about 1K input Z.

Adequate current drive for a nasty load. My audiophool instincts rule elsewhere.

Regards, b B.

Reply to
Bearplug Bearplug Bearplug

TL071/072

Vladimir Vassilevsky
[snip]

Quantify "nasty" for us.

--
Paul Hovnanian  paul@hovnanian.com
Have gnu, will travel.

[snip]

I was rummaging around in my spare parts box and found a bunch of RCA HC2000 op amps.

+/- 37.5V supply, 7A output. Nasty enough for you? ;-)
Have a pleasant Terran revolution.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Quantification will take a while, but this might qualify. The load is a complex network, not a straight resistance. The TLOxx chart shows adequate p-to-p voltage output at low loading, but I've noticed 5534/32 being preferred for driving cable. A bi-fet equivalent looked ideal.

A 7-amp device should drive the issue straight to Hell nicely.

Reply to
Bearplug Bearplug Bearplug

On Mon, 07 Sep 2009 02:45:51 -0700, Bearplug Bearplug Bearplug wrote: Message-ID:

Holy Crap! There's still "Web-TV"??????

TL082?

Have Fun! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Hmm, does the opa134 series go to +/-18V?

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Buffer? Like, unity gain? Don't need an op amp for that, a dual FET makes a good buffer. Input to gate1, source1 =3D drain2=3D output, source2=3Dgate2=3D-18V and of course drain1 =3D +18V.

Got any 2N5565 in the junk box?

Reply to
whit3rd

TL081ACP at

Jamie

Must be FET? How about the TLE2141?

$1.37 ea at mouser.com takes +/- 22V

Michael

Reply to
Michael

Yep, but you have to limit signal by 5 volts total.

GregS

Date: Tue, Sep 8, 2009, 9:34pm (PDT+7) From: snipped-for-privacy@example.net (Rich=A0Grise) On Mon, 07 Sep 2009 02:45:51 -0700, Bearplug Bearplug Bearplug wrote: Message-ID:

I'm the last surviving Webtv subscriber, now residing in the Cincinnati Zoo. My daily diet is pureed bananas, sunflower seeds, and the occasional human finger.

Soon the curtain will fall on my brief role as an evolutionary step.

I flung doo, but dreamt of flying.

Reply to
Bearplug Bearplug Bearplug

We're on the same page looking at discrete solutions. I avoided them when a single set of supply rails ran everything direct, and an opamp gave the requisite supply rejection. Now there are onboard regulators (on six cards in a row), and an open loop buffer can have isolation.

Your buffer is usually seen with same-size resistors under each source. Otherwise the bottom fet runs at Idss, which is unpredictable and has a large tempco. The output can be zeroed by placing it under the source1 resistor, and adjusting source2 resistor.

Got some 2N3958, but don't need the matching.

Reply to
Bearplug Bearplug Bearplug

If you don't care about the offset, a couple of BF862s (the bottom one with a source resistor) would be the bee's knees. Bypass the daylights out of the resistor or its noise will dominate the noise of the stage.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

Belay that..20V VDS max. You'd have to cascode them to get to a 34V swing or whatever you're looking at. Of course at audio speeds you could use a 2N7002 instead, with some BJT current source as a source load.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal
ElectroOptical Innovations
55 Orchard Rd
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058
hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Liar. There are several bitter curmudgeons still using Web TV on the antique radio newsgroup. One posts all upper case and sends hate mail if you disagree with him.

Michael A. Terrell