One of man's greatest achievements (2023 Update)

Rick C snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

If there was a 'singularity' 'point' That instantaneously 'exploded' into our universe bubble and then matter formed in it and so on, what chain of events occurred that caused the point to decide to burst open to start with? Even if after that point that one could say time started. What happened a split second prior to it bursting? Was there a causation effect or stimulus from an even larger already existing universe in which we were all expanded into? Like a bubble inside or suspended in a bigger medium.

If there is an end out there, what is on the other side of that 'end' barrier? Maybe the whole universe is a giant congealed ball of jello and OUR little tiny Universe bubble is a spec inside it is like a little air bubble in a big ball full of them, all frozen in their places never to know about any other. Barely able to examine their own bubble, which to them is practically infinitely vast and all there is. And we are merely tiny dust particles amid that bubble which were allowed to sit up and talk, and make mudballs and look at the sky at night and contemplate the cosmos and the number 42. We are so insignificant in any scheme of things. God looked upon our mudballs and looking tubes, and said that we were a noble experiment... that failed.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

whit3rd snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Spot on for you as usual.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

More category mistakes. Personally I think there are many questions that science is ill equipped to answer and in fact are simply invalid questions for science. The existence of God is one of those issues. Different domains, so scientific questions do not apply. What existed before the universe is another category error which some people can't understand *is* an error because they continue to think too linearly. Who says the universe or time has to be infinite in all directions. It literally makes no sense scientifically to think about the universe or anything we know prior to the universe existing. Where the universe came from, what existed prior to the universe existing is not a scientific question and science is not equipped to help us understand these questions, much less the answers.

Here is an analogy. A friend has macular degeneration with large areas of no vision. When you ask what he sees, he doesn't see "black" or anything else. It's just a region of which he is not aware where objects simply vanish from his view. It's like an object that moves behind your head. You don't sense "blackness" behind your field of view. It simply is not for you to see. My friend has this in the middle of his field of view. No hole, no black spot, things just disappear without any indication of there being a hole. Asking what he sees in that area is a category mistake.

Reply to
Rick C

Rick C snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:149eddfb-ffa0- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Yes. As in you are not in the category folks agree to refer to as "scientist".

Goddamn. Get off it, boy.