On the subject of Stew

Is it true that some weirdo follows drunks about with buckets of diced carrots and tomato skins?!

Reply to
ian field

Most of the posh dog food seen on TV adverts looks considerably better than the contents of many tinned stews I've seen!!!

Reply to
ian field

I heard that he lives in a motor home behind a factory in California and is so schizophrenic that he has at least a dozen names.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

In message , dated Fri, 15 Sep 2006, ian field writes

They pour oil over it to make it shiny.

There are benefits from being irrational - just ask the square root of 2.
John Woodgate

Castrol GTX wasn't it ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

You can get free access down the local library most places - I like libries, they're miles cheaper than the organic veggie bloke's wares.

Best of Luck - Mike 61/2

Reply to
Mike Yarwood

But all the pooters are full up with Poles and Russians phoning home, Al Qaeda operatives finding out how to hate us better, and school kids playing online games.

Ben newsam

Duckhams!

Reply to
clot

Please reserve your expressions of affection for private communications.

There are benefits from being irrational - just ask the square root of 2.
John Woodgate

"Eeyore" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@REMOVETHIS.hotmail.com...

Castrol GTX is rubbish, I'd been running the bike I bought second-hand for a long time on Halfords cheap own brand oil with no problems, when I went into Halfords to get another can of oil for the next change the store droid pointed out that the GTX was on special offer and cheaperthan their own brand. Long story short - within 600 miles the main bearings failed, Castrol simply doesn't provide the protection as advertised!!!

Reply to
ian field

Marvel mystery oil!

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Owww !

I use my local motor factors semi-synthetic in my Saab. Time to change it in fact.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

"Eeyore" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@REMOVETHIS.hotmail.com...

Slick-50 is well worth it's price but for really knackered M/cycle engines I pump in FinishLine teflon fortified bicycle grease, this won't work with larger m/cycle engines that have proper job paper oil filters though!

Reply to
ian field

"When you ladel the next portion out make sure you pat the rest of it down into the bottom of your stew pan before putting it back in the fridge."

...Define "pat down"

_________________________ kevd777 #264792

kevd777

"Sit on it"

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

...You mean use the back of the ladel to press it to the bottom? Cuz Im not sitting on any stew I make. lol But luckily for me, I can still get my mom to make me dinner. lol

_________________________ kevd777 #264792

kevd777

Not what I'd call a controlled experiment...

(1) Was the bike 2- or 4-cycle? Synthetic oil in a 2-cycle would likely cause failure.

(2) Maybe the bearings were about to fail already?

...Jim Thompson

It was a 4-stroke, and yes it was a little worn but it worked fine on Halfords cheap own brand oil for years. As soon as I put supposedly top quality Castrol in it the main bearings failed only 600 miles on from the oil change.

The Castrol adverts boast how superior the protection afforded by their oil, while in real life its patently obviously nothing of the sort!!!

Reply to
ian field

Castrol = castor oil.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Did you ever stop to think that the new oil had better cleaning agents, which caused the old engine to crap out? Some old, worn engines are still running, due to the buildup of crap. You wash that out and it fails. There used to be warnings on oil cans not to switch to a high detergent oil if you were running the older, cheaper non detergent types in an old engine.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida